inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Neighbours.

Written By: zcrito on 09/13/05 at 11:09 pm

Gerald McBoing Boing got me thinking of all the good Sunday morning shows I saw as a kid.

Neighbours by Norman McLaren (1952)

Does anyone remember this little obscure short film from Canada? It always showed up on Sunday mornings and it used to scare the heck out of me when I was a kid. Two adults killing each other over a flower. Strange stuff, and not something you forget.

http://www.imageact.net/bbs/icon/member_image_box/1/neighbours.jpg

Subject: Re: Neighbours.

Written By: oneno on 09/14/05 at 8:31 am

I vaguely remember seeing this. Funny the "new way" of thinking at that time was supposed to de-sensitize us to reality, but in actuality it just kind of creaped us out.

Subject: Re: Neighbours.

Written By: hot_wax on 09/21/05 at 11:14 pm

Zcrito, I don't remember ever seeing this, but it it like my new neighbor who came from the city and the first thing he did was to chop down 5 beautiful 75 year old 40 foot Blue Spruce trees in his back yard adjacent to mine, it devesated me to come one day and they were all gone from our view for the last 36 years I've lived here. I wanted to kill him for what he did to his trees, they were like community property for all of us neighbors connected with their view... and all those poor bird and their nests, there were generations that called them home...now gone in one afternoon, if I knew he was going to do that, I would have tried to do something to stop him maybe through the courts or just kill him first.

So I see myself like that guy in that film wanting to claim some property that isn't mine but I wanted them trees for the sake of all mentioned.

I will plant my own trees but won't live long enough to see them mature like those beauties.

Hot Wax 

Check for new replies or respond here...