inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mysterious Deaths of famous people

Written By: candice_f22 on 09/27/05 at 8:04 am

Ever wondered about extremely popular people having weird mysterious deaths? its a pretty interesting topic so does anyone here found real facts about the reason on how rockstars, celebrities and powerful people died a mysterious death?

few of these are examples of what im talkin about:

Napoleon Bonaparte
Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones
Bruce Lee

and many others..

murder? conspiracy? makes us all wonder.. *sigh*

Subject: Re: Mysterious Deaths of famous people

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/27/05 at 12:16 pm

Marilyn Monroe

Cat

Written By: hot_wax on 09/28/05 at 8:57 pm

When Hendrix died there was rumors going around that the CIA had a hand in his death because he rose to icon status and leader amongst his millions of teenage fans and his open drug abuse was influencial on them and the CIA wouldn't let that happen.

The same rumors where about Jim Morrison too...It made you think...maybe it's true?

In the mid 60's to early 70's our US Government under President Johnson and wacked out President Nixon was in a paranoid state of mind at that time in our history and anyone/everyone was an enemy of the state who had potential to influence the masses to throw them out of office where secretly eliminated by the FBI and CIA under guise of the obvious...they overdosed or drank themselves to death.

You had live it in this time in the USA to understand what our generation had to live with...the Kennedy's being killed, Martin Luther King killed, Teenage boys by the tens of thousands being lead to their deaths in Viet Nam, all for the sake of the all mighty dollar by corrupted Pesidents and their cronies, they made billions of dollars and didn't want anyone to upset the money flow and even Rock Stars and Movie Star Actresses were enemies of the state and some had to go!

Just a tib bit to think about on those mysterious young deaths...Hot Wax (who might be next if the FBI reads "In the 00's" and don't like a bad rap against them)           

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/29/05 at 7:24 am

Marilyn Monroe: It's been said that she was murdered and that Peter Lawford, JFK and RFK were all involved. How DARE people knock the precious Kennedy's though ::)

Brian Jones: One scenario has him being murdered by some construction workers who hated him :-\\

Hendrix, Joplin & Morrison: Drugs :\'(

Written By: Paul on 09/29/05 at 7:29 am

Bobby Fuller (of 'I Fought The Law' fame) was found dead in a parked car in L.A. back in 1966...

The police 'officially' passed it off as a suicide, but later research proved that he was forced to ingest gasoline - his killers (whoever they were) were never found...

Written By: PennyLane0630 on 09/29/05 at 12:13 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how Paul McCartney died back in the '60s!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/29/05 at 12:14 pm

Just a tib bit to think about on those mysterious young deaths...Hot Wax (who might be next if the FBI reads "In the 00's" and don't like a bad rap against them)           

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure that Carlos and I will be on that list too if they read the political boards.  ;)

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/29/05 at 12:15 pm

"He blew his mind out in a car. He didn't notice that the light had changed."  ;)

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/29/05 at 12:17 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how Paul McCartney died back in the '60s! ;D
;D

Speaking of Sir Paul, I wonder what happened to former Wings Guitarest Jimmy McCullough who was found dead in his apartment in the mid 70's :\'(

Written By: w on 09/29/05 at 6:29 pm

What is the quickest way to get a FBI file started on you ? File a request under the freedom of information act to see your file. If you don't have one, they'll check to see why you think you do..  w

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/29/05 at 6:32 pm

What is the quickest way to get a FBI file started on you ? File a request under the freedom of information act to see your file. If you don't have one, they'll check to see why you think you do..  w

Well aware of that. In fact, Carlos once requested his file and found out they didn't have one on him. He raised a big stink about not having one. Several years later he requested it again and the first thing in there was the letter raising a big stink about not having a file. lol  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: hot_wax on 09/29/05 at 7:43 pm

"He blew his mind out in a car. He didn't notice that the light had changed."  ;)

Cat

Ha! Ha! Ha! 

Written By: Mushroom on 09/30/05 at 1:24 pm

Actually that line was written by John about their friend Tara Browne, heir to the Guinness fortune.  Here is the listing they have on Wikipedia:

On December 18, 1966, Browne was driving with his girlfriend, model Suki Poiter, in his Lotus Elan through South Kensington at a high rate of speed (some reports say in excess of 170 km/h). It is not known whether or not he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. He ignored or failed to see a traffic light and proceeded through an intersection, colliding with a parked lorry. He was likely killed instantly. Poiter was not injured.

Presumably the next day, John Lennon was composing songs at his piano and idly reading London's Daily Mail while doing so when he discovered the news of Browne's accident. He worked the story into the song he was composing, which was later released on the album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band as the song "A Day in the Life".

Written By: jess on 09/30/05 at 4:06 pm

what is your real name?
how old r u?
can you tell me some mestyrious deaths of famous people?

Written By: hot_wax on 10/02/05 at 6:11 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure that Carlos and I will be on that list too if they read the political boards.  ;)

Cat

Political boards....Hmmm! I have to check it out. HW

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/05 at 7:04 pm

Political boards....Hmmm! I have to check it out. HW

I warn you, things get a bit heated in there. In fact, we just had a member banned today for some um..."heated discussion"

Cat

Written By: Hot Wax on 10/04/05 at 9:09 pm

what is your real name?
how old r u?
can you tell me some mestyrious deaths of famous people?

Jess, I couldn't figure who you were asking this, I was waiting for someone to reply to your questions so I could see who you were referring too...after a week now and no one replied.

I'm courious...are you the FBI or CIA???   :-X

Hot Wax

Written By: Mushroom on 10/04/05 at 9:51 pm

I for one do not believe in conspiracies.  When viewed logically, most of them tend to fall apart or contradict themselves.

I have heard the conspiracy that Hendrix was killed by the Government before.  The guy that made the claim also was a believer that the CIA/FBI introduced drugs into Black neighborhoods as a way to commit genocide.

He never could explain why they would try to promote drugs to kill black kids, and at the same time kill somebody who seemed to be a posterchild for drug excess.

In short, there is only 1 "death" conspiracy that I really believe in: the death of Jimmy Hoffa.

Written By: hot_wax on 10/04/05 at 11:11 pm

I warn you, things get a bit heated in there. In fact, we just had a member banned today for some um..."heated discussion"

Sounds cool, I like to rattle some cages, I'm in!...but how do I get there? HW

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/05/05 at 2:27 am

Sounds cool, I like to rattle some cages, I'm in!...but how do I get there? HW

inthe00s
  Decades
  The 2000's
  Current Politics & Religious Topics 

Written By: zcrito on 10/05/05 at 12:45 pm

In the mid 60's to early 70's our US Government under President Johnson and wacked out President Nixon was in a paranoid state of mind at that time in our history and anyone/everyone was an enemy of the state who had potential to influence the masses to throw them out of office where secretly eliminated by the FBI and CIA under guise of the obvious...they overdosed or drank themselves to death.

You had live it in this time in the USA to understand what our generation had to live with...the Kennedy's being killed, Martin Luther King killed, Teenage boys by the tens of thousands being lead to their deaths in Viet Nam, all for the sake of the all mighty dollar by corrupted Pesidents and their cronies, they made billions of dollars and didn't want anyone to upset the money flow and even Rock Stars and Movie Star Actresses were enemies of the state and some had to go!

Please tell me you're being facetious about that?  ???
(or maybe I've just been reading too many of the posts by some people ( ::) ) on the inthe00s political boards?)

Written By: zcrito on 10/05/05 at 12:47 pm

I for one do not believe in conspiracies.  When viewed logically, most of them tend to fall apart or contradict themselves.

I have heard the conspiracy that Hendrix was killed by the Government before.  The guy that made the claim also was a believer that the CIA/FBI introduced drugs into Black neighborhoods as a way to commit genocide.

He never could explain why they would try to promote drugs to kill black kids, and at the same time kill somebody who seemed to be a posterchild for drug excess.

In short, there is only 1 "death" conspiracy that I really believe in: the death of Jimmy Hoffa.

"I have heard the conspiracy that Hendrix was killed by the Government before.  The guy that made the claim..."

It wasn't David Crosby of CSN&Y was it?  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 10/09/05 at 2:49 pm

Martha Mitchell wife of John Mitchell of Watergate fame.  Before Watergate she was the ultimate Washington wife with security clearances and knowledge of all the power brokering going on.  When
John got on the hotseat she got pissed off and started mouthing off about what she knew.  Jack
Anderson, a columnist, started defaming her.  She was even "sequestered" by the government,She died in 1976 at age 57 of a "rare malignancy".

Written By: hot_wax on 10/09/05 at 9:11 pm

Martha Mitchell wife of John Mitchell of Watergate fame. Before Watergate she was the ultimate Washington wife with security clearances and knowledge of all the power brokering going on. When
John got on the hotseat she got pissed off and started mouthing off about what she knew. Jack
Anderson, a columnist, started defaming her. She was even "sequestered" by the government,She died in 1976 at age 57 of a "rare malignancy".

Yes! and Jack Ruby died of a fast moving case of cancer while he was in jail and never got to go to trial for killing Lee Harvey Oswald... ( suspected a CIA cancer induced injection)

HW

Written By: hot_wax on 10/09/05 at 9:16 pm

inthe00s
Decades
The 2000's
Current Politics & Religious Topics

OK! thanks, see you there soon! HW

Written By: hot_wax on 10/09/05 at 10:11 pm

Please tell me you're being facetious about that? ???
(or maybe I've just been reading too many of the posts by some people ( ::) ) on the inthe00s political boards?)

NO!!! For 40 years now there are people today trying to prove there was a cover-up in the  Kenndy killing by eliminating those who where invovled, innocent witnesses to the Kennedy shootings died suddenly or disappeared and couldn't testify to the therory of a multi-shooter conspiracy of the President. Those who knew anything about the shooting of Kennedy where disposed of. There was a movie back in the late 60's, I believe it was called "Executive Action" (correct me if I'm wrong on the title) but it was about the deaths and disappearences of about 65 people or more who had something to offer the  Warren Report to investigate a conspiracy...Get the movie you'll be amazed and I was not being facetious.

Hot Wax

Written By: hot_wax on 10/10/05 at 11:03 pm

I never heard of the genocide thing, but Henrick's scared the White parents who's kids were buying his music and idolizing him with reverance and was affraid they would immulating his drug life style and the politians were affraid of him having control over millions of soon to be voters and could sway their thinking and vote the " I am not a crook" President and his cronies out of office...the CIA did everthing they could to cover-up Watergate, getting rid of a Hendrix's, and anyone else who a potential enemy of the President, was rookie stuff and even took out Hoffa under guise of the Mafia...believe it!

Hot Wax 

Written By: whistledog on 10/11/05 at 12:03 am

Here's a mysterious one from the Canadian Rock Scene ...

B.B. Gabor, who had a popular 1980 hit called Nyet Nyet Soviet (Soviet Jewelry) was found dead at the age of 42 in his Toronto apartment in 1990.  Apparently he was the victim of a suicide

http://www.canadianbands.com/gaborfirst.gif

Written By: whistledog on 10/11/05 at 12:15 am

Another one is Richey James Edwards.  He was the bass guitarist for the Welsh Rock Band Manic Street Preachers.  As the band was on the verge of becoming a household name, they were to fly to America to do a promotional tour, but on February 1, 1995, Richey went missing and was never heard from again.  The band would continue on as a three piece, but they were never able to capture success in America

Many speculate that Richey killed himself by throwing himself into the River Severn, but nothing has ever been proven.  His family had the option to declare him legally dead in 2002, but they opted to leave the case open

Written By: danootaandme on 10/12/05 at 6:12 pm

Yes! and Jack Ruby died of a fast moving case of cancer while he was in jail and never got to go to trial for killing Lee Harvey Oswald... ( suspected a CIA cancer induced injection)

HW

Hale Boggs, a member of the Warren Commission. Boggs originally agreed that John F. Kennedy and J. D. Tippit had been killed by Lee Harvey Oswald and that Jack Ruby was not part of any conspiracy. However, later he began to have doubts claiming that "Hoover lied his eyes out on Oswald, on Ruby, on their friends, you name it."

Thomas Hale Boggs disappeared while on a campaign flight from Anchorage to Juneau, Alaska, on 16th October, 1972. No bodies were ever found .

Written By: danootaandme on 10/12/05 at 6:18 pm

U.N. Secretary General Dag Hammarskjold.  I had an aunt who worked for the U.N. in Africa and
in a pretty high level and she said it was definitely an assassination. Hammarskjold and 15 other people were killed when their aircraft crashed entering what was then Northern Rhodesia, now Zambia, where the U.N. head was due to meet rebel leader Moise Tshombe to negotiate a truce in the Congolese civil war. The United Nations sent a peacekeeping force to newly liberated Congo in 1960 when the new government asked for help in the face of mutiny in its army, secession in Tshombe's Katanga provinces and the invervention of Belgian troops. Newspapers at the time alleged British involvement in a plot to kill Hammarskjold to prevent U.N. support for Tshombe and his diamond-rich Katanga province.

Written By: hot_wax on 10/12/05 at 8:07 pm

Hale Boggs, a member of the Warren Commission. Boggs originally agreed that John F. Kennedy and J. D. Tippit had been killed by Lee Harvey Oswald and that Jack Ruby was not part of any conspiracy. However, later he began to have doubts claiming that "Hoover lied his eyes out on Oswald, on Ruby, on their friends, you name it."

Thomas Hale Boggs disappeared while on a campaign flight from Anchorage to Juneau, Alaska, on 16th October, 1972. No bodies were ever found .

Wow! what a strange coincidence!...another turned enemy...gone! 

Written By: hot_wax on 10/12/05 at 8:13 pm

U.N. Secretary General Dag Hammarskjold.  I had an aunt who worked for the U.N. in Africa and
in a pretty high level and she said it was definitely an assassination. Hammarskjold and 15 other people were killed when their aircraft crashed entering what was then Northern Rhodesia, now Zambia, where the U.N. head was due to meet rebel leader Moise Tshombe to negotiate a truce in the Congolese civil war. The United Nations sent a peacekeeping force to newly liberated Congo in 1960 when the new government asked for help in the face of mutiny in its army, secession in Tshombe's Katanga provinces and the invervention of Belgian troops. Newspapers at the time alleged British involvement in a plot to kill Hammarskjold to prevent U.N. support for Tshombe and his diamond-rich Katanga province.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/13/05 at 2:56 pm

It is a list that can go on and on.

Written By: hot_wax on 10/13/05 at 10:45 pm

It is a list that can go on and on.

It seems that list is still being worked on today for one reason or another. The "Curse of Death" on the Kennedy family was created by the CIA. Just think a about it, Starting with Jack Kennedy, he was like no other president in our history, he was the youngest president to be elected, in the early 60's he created the "Camelot" aura in the United States, a beautiful wife, their infant kids were growing up in front of our eyes and the Kennedy "Clan", all of them and their kids we knew as if they were our family too. Jack was like a "Rock Star" to our generation and the "Good Son" to my parents generation and the the second comimg of "Jesus" to my Grandparents generation creating Medicare and Medicade for them. He could have been "Crowned the King" of the United States at that time and that was problem for the Republican Party or any politcal party who would even think of running against Jack and the Kennedy Clan, they lost before they started and it appeared that would happen for at least the next 24 years. 

Now just think of it...Jack 8 years in office followed by 8 years of Robert, then 8 years of Ted then the kids that were being groomed to follow in their fathers foot steps..."Camelot" Kingdom would rule for generations...what the voting public wouldn't do to stop the Kennedy's rule the CIA could, would and did stop them and the "conspiracy" begins here. Start with the head ( no pun intended) and the rest of the body dies, fist Jack, then Bobby, then a failed attempt with Ted and the Chappaquidic car accident, then work on their sons and family by discrediting them with public turn them into drug attics, alcoholics, rapists and murderers. The CIA work in very strange ways but get the job done, even when John John was thinking of getting into politics withn his cousin  is when his plane crashed...strange? questionable? I think so, but everyone chalked it up to the "Kennedy Curse" now that's a perfect disguise for the CIA. Time has no barring on when, where or how they want to whack someone, it's only when the right situation arrises for them to carry it out the "Hit" even if it has to take out innocent victims with them this way it makes it look even worse for the Kennedy family mystique on the world.

They get it done and hide behind a disguise of the obvious, make it look like it's victims fault that they died or discredit their lives to the public as low life people who we don't want to be associated with... and the I still think the list still has a few more Kenndy names on it...time will tell, see if anything strange happens to the future generation Kenndy's...that truth will come out when they open the real files to the public 50 years from now...this way no one will be alive to give a crap or to prosecute...Why so long of a wait to open those files? who are they protecting?... time will tell.

Hot Wax   

Now... 

Written By: Mushroom on 10/14/05 at 5:28 pm

I never heard of the genocide thing, but Henrick's scared the White parents who's kids were buying his music and idolizing him with reverance and was affraid they would immulating his drug life style and the politians were affraid of him having control over millions of soon to be voters and could sway their thinking and vote the " I am not a crook" President and his cronies out of office...the CIA did everthing they could to cover-up Watergate, getting rid of a Hendrix's, and anyone else who a potential enemy of the President, was rookie stuff and even took out Hoffa under guise of the Mafia...believe it!

But you are missing the point that Hendrix was a former Paratrooper, an avowed anti-communist, and was a strong supporter of the Military until his death.  If they wanted to kill a black singer, there were a lot of others who would have been better targets.

In fact, a lot of blacks (then and now) think that his music sounds "too white".

And if you ever talked to an Alaskan Bush pilot, that is not unusual.  There are hundreds (if not thousands) of planes that have vanished in the Alaskan interior.  And most of them have never been found.

There is a show on the History Channel that is shown periodically, and it talks about the Bush Pilots.  A long segment to it talked about this dissapearance.  If I remember right, the pilot was known as being reckless, and taking chances that few others would do.  He also went against weather advisories, and took off in bad weather (I seem to remember fog and rain was involved).  He also liked to take his own routes, and not those normally flown by most pilots.

There were other things speculated about in the documentary.  Part of it was a defect in the plane (A Cessna 310), which was later fixed in a recall.  And the pilot also did not carry a locating beacon in his plane, something that almost every other pilot has used since they were available.  Most of the peers of the pilot said they would never have flown with him, because he was so reckless in routes, weather, and safety equipment.

Once again, when I view this through Occam's Razor, I come up with yet another case which proves the old saying:  "There are old pilots, and bold pilots.  But there are no old bold pilots."

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/06 at 2:26 am

I have always been curious to the fact that Mama Cass Elliott and Keith Moon died in the same flat in London owned by Harry Nilsoon.

Written By: whistledog on 04/10/06 at 3:11 am

How about Jon Lee of the indie rock band Feeder?  He committed suicide in 2002, but I believe it was a mystery as to why he ended his life  :-\\

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/10/06 at 3:41 am

To me the most fascinating deaths have included Jimmy Hoffa, Marilyn Monroe, Brian Jones, Jim Morrison, Natalie Wood, Elliott Smith. Hendrix's and Janis Joplin's were pretty straightforward, but Jim Morrison's was plain mysterious.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/07 at 8:37 am

The accident that caused the death of Lady Diana still debated today, with an inquest due sometime soon.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/01/07 at 5:20 pm

Pope John Paul I.

He was pope for only 33 days, rumor has it he may have been poisoned.

Plus the Vatican wouldn't do an autopsy.  :o :o :o

Written By: spaceace on 07/01/07 at 5:46 pm

Pope John Paul I.

He was pope for only 33 days, rumor has it he may have been poisoned.

Plus the Vatican wouldn't do an autopsy.  :o :o :o

He was called "The Smiling Pope".  They say he had a stroke or something.  Most of us do believe someone bumped him off.

Written By: hot_wax on 07/01/07 at 8:07 pm

He was called "The Smiling Pope".  They say he had a stroke or something.  Most of us do believe someone bumped him off.

It's a high profile political office that controls "trillions of dollars", I think someone from the past regime who was in contol of all that wealth didn't want to be pushed out of the power by a new gang of mobsters so the wheeling and dealing of the five families behind closed doors all agreed that a younger non-Italian Pope who was not in the " know" of the the real world of the Vatican politics would serve their purpose to keep control of what's important...controlling the trillions of dollars. The younger Pope would be in power for many many years meaning they would be in control for many many years also. So, the "hit" on the newly elected pope had to be fast before he put his men in charge, because they didn't want an all out mob war and more deaths to answer to... so Bada Bing! Pope John Paul is whacked! and a young Polish priest, who in the past, was an actor who loved the lime light, was the perfect patsy for the the Vatican Mafia and John Paul II was slid into office and everyone was happy for many many years.

I was born a Roman Catholic and visited Vatican City...WOW! it's beautiful and everything is priceless beyond belief and what I wouldn't do to be in control of all that wealth too...it can turn some good men into monsters to get control of it all and I yes, I do believe that Pope John Paul I the killed and there was a cover-up. I believe it even more today because of all the cover-ups on the child molesting Priests...that's all I have to say.

Written By: spaceace on 07/01/07 at 8:13 pm

It's a high profile political office that controls "trillions of dollars", I think someone from the past regime who was in contol of all that wealth didn't want to be pushed out of the power by a new gang of mobsters so the wheeling and dealing of the five families behind closed doors all agreed that a younger non-Italian Pope who was not in the " know" of the the real world of the Vatican politics would serve their purpose to keep control of what's important...controlling the trillions of dollars. The younger Pope would be in power for many many years meaning they would be in control for many many years also. So, the "hit" on the newly elected pope had to be fast before he put his men in charge, because they didn't want an all out mob war and more deaths to answer to... so Bada Bing! Pope John Paul is whacked! and a young Polish priest, who in the past, was an actor who loved the lime light, was the perfect patsy for the the Vatican Mafia and John Paul II was slid into office and everyone was happy for many many years.

I was born a Roman Catholic and visited Vatican City...WOW! it's beautiful and everything is priceless beyond belief and what I wouldn't do to be in control of all that wealth too...it can turn some good men into monsters to get control of it all and I yes, I do believe that Pope John Paul I the killed and there was a cover-up. I believe it even more today because of all the cover-ups on the child molesting Priests...that's all I have to say.

So when isn't there a cover up in the Catholic Church?

Written By: the OlLine Rebel on 07/17/07 at 1:56 pm

George Reeves

Jean Harlowe

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/07 at 3:35 pm

Cat

is that what happened to my religious "friend" Itherune?  I wondered why I never got lambasted by her after my last comment....  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/16 at 9:34 am

He blew his mind out in a car!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/21/16 at 9:36 am

The accident that caused the death of Lady Diana still debated today, with an inquest due sometime soon.
An inquest headed by Lord Justice Scott Baker into the deaths of Diana and Dodi began at the Royal Courts of Justice, London, on 2 October 2007, a continuation of the inquest that began in 2004. On 7 April 2008, the jury concluded that Diana and Dodi were the victims of an "unlawful killing" by the "grossly negligent" chauffeur Henri Paul and the drivers of the following vehicles. Additional factors were "the impairment of the judgment of the driver of the Mercedes through alcohol" and "the death of the deceased was caused or contributed to by the fact that the deceased was not wearing a seat-belt, the fact that the Mercedes struck the pillar in the Alma Tunnel rather than colliding with something else".

Written By: Howard on 01/21/16 at 3:10 pm

How about Marilyn Monroe? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/16 at 5:32 am

How about Marilyn Monroe? ???
She has already been covered.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/16 at 5:37 am

The mysterious disappearance and death of Richey Edwards guitarist of Manic Street Preachers

http://www.richeyedwards.net/chronology.html

Check for new replies or respond here...