inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Missing Cowsill

Written By: Sunflower on 10/07/05 at 11:46 am

I just saw a news report about Barry Cowsill being missing since Katrina. Apparantly he was living in NO when Katrina hit and hasn't been heard from since. He was supposed to leave NO for LA that day to enter a Rehab Center. Barry has not had an easy life since the bands popularity faded.

Here's a link to the story:
http://cowsill.com/cowsills/barrypress-2005sep.html

My prayers are with him and his family for his safe return.

Subject: Re: Missing Cowsill

Written By: whistledog on 10/07/05 at 2:01 pm

I hope he makes a safe return  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/07/05 at 2:12 pm

I saw the Cowsills in concert many, many, many, many moons ago.  I hope he is safe.

Cat

Written By: zcrito on 10/07/05 at 3:21 pm

The Cowsills.
Who can forget these songs from the '60s

The Rain, The Park, And Other Things,
Hair,
and the theme song for the television show "Love American Style".

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/07/05 at 6:33 pm

The Cowsills.
Who can forget these songs from the '60s

The Rain, The Park, And Other Things,
Hair,
and the theme song for the television show "Love American Style".

You forgot Indian Lake.

Cat

Written By: zcrito on 10/07/05 at 11:14 pm

You forgot Indian Lake.

Cat

Not really. I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

Written By: Mushroom on 10/08/05 at 11:55 am

I have been following this since it first happened.  Barry also refused to evacuate before Katrina hit, and refused to leave during the mass exodus, because he thought everybody was a criminal (it seems that his drug problems affected him mentally).

And a lot of people forgot that The Cowsills are the direct inspiration for "The Partridge Family".

Written By: zcrito on 10/09/05 at 3:40 pm

I have been following this since it first happened.  Barry also refused to evacuate before Katrina hit, and refused to leave during the mass exodus, because he thought everybody was a criminal (it seems that his drug problems affected him mentally).

And a lot of people forgot that The Cowsills are the direct inspiration for "The Partridge Family".

I heard once the Mom of the group (and I don't remember her name) hated being up there and performing. She really felt out of place.

Written By: PETER on 10/09/05 at 5:05 pm

Wasn't there a song 'Make Me Happy"- Flowers in her hair, Love is in the air..?

Hope there are HAPPIER stories of past favorite/memorable singers from those days..After hearing what happened to MOE HOWARD of the 3 Stooges, it makes you wonder if showbiz is worth being in anymore?

The Cowsills girl was a cutie and I recall she got married and seeing her now..well..time has realllly gone by!

Jack Wild from HR Pufnstuf and the musical Oliver(68) had his tongue and vocal chords removed-cancer- Gilligan dies, Herman Munster, gone,...we only have beautiful memories...(sob)...WE'RE ALL ON OUR OWN NOW!

Written By: Sammy Reed on 10/14/05 at 9:46 pm

Wasn't there a song 'Make Me Happy"- Flowers in her hair, Love is in the air..?

That was called "The Rain, the Park, and Other Things". Those words weren't in the song, but they were trying to be "psychedelic", I guess.
:P

Check for new replies or respond here...