inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dave Clark Five

Written By: Carl on 10/13/05 at 10:33 am

One of the things I miss about the old WCBS-FM is I can't hear anymore DC Five songs. And I don't know why, but they sell no CDs of this group anywhere!

I loved tunes like 'Catch us if you can' and 'You got what it takes'

Subject: Re: Dave Clark Five

Written By: danootaandme on 10/13/05 at 3:03 pm

One of the things I miss about the old WCBS-FM is I can't hear anymore DC Five songs. And I don't know why, but they sell no CDs of this group anywhere!

I actually remember seeing the movie "Catch Us if You Can"  Don't remember much about it though.
Mike Smith had a serious accident a couple of years ago and is paralyzed from the neck down.
Sad that is.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Dave Clark Five

Written By: Paul on 10/13/05 at 3:22 pm

The reason why you'll not find many (if any) CD's of the group is because Dave Clark himself owns the masters, and (for shrewd business reasons) only decides to unleash them onto the world once in a blue moon...

In fact, the only CD I remember being officially released was way back in 1993 (entitled 'Glad All Over Again') - it's long been deleted, so you'll have to trawl through e-bay (or something like that) if you want a copy...

Yes, and very sad news about Mike Smith - although I heard he was paralysed from the waist down...still tragic, whatever the injury...

Check for new replies or respond here...