inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 60's group The Seekers/New Seekers

Written By: PETER on 10/16/05 at 7:39 pm

Does anyone know if the Seekers had any of the  same members as The New Seekers and are they still around?

Why don't we hear of any reunion of either? LOVED their music!

Okay, I remember MELANI,BUT WHERE IS SHE AND WHY NOT REVIVE THE SONGS..IS SHE FED UP?

Subject: Re: 60's group The Seekers/New Seekers

Written By: Paul on 10/17/05 at 7:14 am

Does anyone know if the Seekers had any of the  same members as The New Seekers and are they still around?

No...the groups were two different entities - the common thread was Keith Potger (of the original Seekers) who helped assemble the 'New' group, after the original Seekers called it a day in '69...

Why don't we hear of any reunion of either? LOVED their music!

The original Seekers did re-unite for a series of concerts during the 90s (and very successful they were, too) - but I would imagine that they've called it a day once again...!

The New Seekers are still about in some shape or form with only a couple of original members involved...

This site is probably the best place to start picking through the New Seekers...

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/17/05 at 7:56 am

When did the New Seekers first break up from their original form?

Written By: Paul on 10/17/05 at 12:26 pm

When did the New Seekers first break up from their original form?

The most successful original line-up consisted of Eve Graham, Lyn Paul, Marty Kristian, Peter Doyle and Paul Layton...they ran from late '70 through to early '74, when Lyn Paul went solo and the group never really recovered after that - various members came and went...

Although best-known for recording various pieces of pop 'fluff', they really went to town with a cover of 'Pinball Wizard/See Me Feel Me' which is well worth a listen...

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/17/05 at 12:29 pm

The most successful original line-up consisted of Eve Graham, Lyn Paul, Marty Kristian, Peter Doyle and Paul Layton...they ran from late '70 through to early '74, when Lyn Paul went solo and the group never really recovered after that - various members came and went...

Although best-known for recording various pieces of pop 'fluff', they really went to town with a cover of 'Pinball Wizard/See Me Feel Me' which is well worth a listen...
I think I saw Lyn Paul in Pantomime at the Palladium in the late 70s.

Written By: PETER on 10/25/05 at 11:51 pm

Interesting info on those singers..(is there any news on one of my favorites-Melanie *Safka- who was one of the members in one of the groups?)

Loved her candles in the rain-lay down song!

Written By: Paul on 10/26/05 at 7:17 am

Interesting info on those singers..(is there any news on one of my favorites-Melanie *Safka- who was one of the members in one of the groups?)

Loved her candles in the rain-lay down song!

I don't think she was ever involved with either group, but the New Seekers did do a cover version of her song 'Look What They've Done To My Song, Ma'...

Mel's still touring...details can be found here...

Written By: robby76 on 09/28/08 at 10:09 am

I used to sing Georgy Girl in the school choir... haha!

This is a great live performance of it. Those harmonies - so much energy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSVfLNCW4Fs

http://craighodgkins.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/ssig_bc.jpg

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/29/08 at 6:25 am

I loved all "The British invasion stuff". God what an exciting time for music huh? We had Dylan,Simon and Garfunklel the emerging "San Francisco, sound, The Beatles ( which I consider in a class by themselves ). And of course even though I am not really a fan but they deserve thier props The Beach boys and surfin music. Add into that Motown (Which I do Love also), Where have all the Flowers Gone? OOPS I Meant good music.
I mean some of the newer stuff is good like Breaking Benjamin, or Disturbed. But not to the extent that rock in general just exploded in the 60s. Of course then it imploded with drug abuse and Disco 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/08 at 6:31 am

I loved all "The British invasion stuff". God what an exciting time for music huh? We had Dylan,Simon and Garfunklel the emerging "San Francisco, sound, The Beatles ( which I consider in a class by themselves ). And of course even though I am not really a fan but they deserve thier props The Beach boys and surfin music. Add into that Motown (Which I do Love also), Where have all the Flowers Gone? OOPS I Meant good music.
I mean some of the newer stuff is good like Breaking Benjamin, or Disturbed. But not to the extent that rock in general just exploded in the 60s. Of course then it imploded with drug abuse and Disco 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 

All that may be fine, but The Seekers came from Australia not the UK.

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/30/08 at 11:51 am

All that may be fine, but The Seekers came from Australia not the UK.

oops my bad :-[

Check for new replies or respond here...