inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Freddie and the Dreamers

Written By: whistledog on 10/21/05 at 11:04 pm

I chose 'Windmill in Old Amsterdam'.  Really love that song :)

Subject: Re: Freddie and the Dreamers

Written By: FaultyDog on 10/22/05 at 2:18 am

I chose 'Windmill in Old Amsterdam'.  Really love that song :)

That's the only song I know by Freddie and the Dreamers. Strangely, it never made it to our charts... Probably because there was already a Dutch version of the song available.

I love you baby (#9, 15 wks) and I understand (just how you feel) (#30, 1 wk) were the only songs charted over here, but I've never heard them.

So in all, I didn't cast a vote.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/22/05 at 12:18 pm

I'm telling you now.

Cat

Written By: nally on 10/22/05 at 1:04 pm

I voted for "I'm Telling You Now."

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/05 at 2:14 pm

From the given list:

1964 - I Understand (Just How You Feel)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/22/05 at 5:55 pm

I'm Telling You Now.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 10/24/05 at 1:39 am

Not one of my favorite bands...however, a couple years back I saw this special on PBS where they had all of these old British Invasion bands playing in a special oldies reunion concert, and Freddie and the Dreamers were there...and Freddie looked just like the old bald guy that Benny Hill used to slap on the head.  ;D

Written By: zcrito on 10/24/05 at 5:04 am

Last time I've ever seen these guys was back in the late '80s ('88 or '89). They were on that sitcom "Dear John" and the story involved something about them and that silly song "Do the Freddy".  ::)

Written By: Time Lord on 10/24/05 at 11:24 pm

they didnt have many hits here.  all i recall were: im telling you now, do the freddie and a little you.  i remember seeing them on the ed sullivan show toward the ending of the british invasion, 65/66.  they looked like raving imbeciles and acted like ranting idiots, especially the head babbling moron, freddie.  the british invasion was running out of stream.

Written By: PennyLane0630 on 10/25/05 at 9:15 am

I really must be getting old! The only two I remember are 'I'm Telling You Now' and 'Do the Freddie'.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...