inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember Major Lance?

Written By: Carl on 10/25/05 at 3:43 pm

I have a CD of his, I like the songs 'Monkey Time' and 'UM UM UM UM UM UM' I liked his rythym, some real good ones on there.

Subject: Re: Anyone remember Major Lance?

Written By: Paul on 10/26/05 at 6:56 am

Don't remember him (he was a bit before my time!), but I do have some fine songs by him...including the above two (his biggest hits, which were both written by Curtis Mayfield, I think...)

Although no longer with us, his songs remain very popular with Britain's 'Northern Soul' crowd...

Written By: alyceclover on 11/17/05 at 7:21 am

SURE DO! tho' I understood & liked the Um=Um song, it took years of living to fully appreciate the words
8)

Written By: larrywallace on 04/27/06 at 2:41 pm

Don't remember him (he was a bit before my time!), but I do have some fine songs by him...including the above two (his biggest hits, which were both written by Curtis Mayfield, I think...)

Although no longer with us, his songs remain very popular with Britain's 'Northern Soul' crowd...
[/quot      I am trying to locate a recording by him that came out in the late 70 early 80 the song was on the disco 33 single called I Just want to go home  hoping you can help please reply to laric007@yahoo.com thanks

Check for new replies or respond here...