inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bring back the old WCBS-FM!

Written By: Carl on 10/26/05 at 9:06 am

In addition to my mom growing up with many of these great oldies,and listening to her play them as a kid, I gained a lot of appreciation for the hits from the 50s and 60s by listening to the 'original' WCBS-FM. The also played many great 70s and some 80s now too. One day I tune in,and I hear 'Jack-FM'! Truly a black day! Highly unlikely the old station wil return. I miss hearing great on air talents like Mickey Dolenz, Harry Harrison and the great 'Cousin Brucie'.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Bring back the old WCBS-FM!

Written By: Skippy on 10/26/05 at 3:55 pm

We had an oldies station which played 50's and 60's music that my parents enjoyed until Jack(A$$)-FM took over. I say we all boycott this outfit.

Written By: Carl on 10/27/05 at 9:10 am

You know, sadly, I think ol' Jack is here to saty. I would think all the negative backlash would force them to put the old WCBS back on. Maybe there's hope, but who knows.

Written By: hot_wax on 10/27/05 at 9:23 pm

Carl, I don't know where you live, but if you live in Central or Northern New Jersey 1250 WMTR AM radio is best oldie station I've heard since the 60's a real throw back to the root form of Rock and Roll radio stations with real character disc Jockey's. They play it all from the 50's and 60's only, they play the popular songs and then in their mix they'll play records that you forgot that they where ever recorded. 1250 WMTR AM is all I listen to now...Screw 101.1 WCBS FM they did us a favor by dropping their oldie format they would play the same safe R & R music over and over again anyway.

I think you can get the them on your computer all over the world now, check their web site www.wmtram.com and browse around. They're the best since the 60's.

I hope "Jack" is a winner WCBS and Jack stays on the air, I'd hate to see Jack fail and WCBS have the show "Jacked off" the air...that was to easy!

Hot Wax

Written By: Carl on 10/28/05 at 7:33 am

I hardly listen to AM, actually, I NEVER do. But I'll look for that station.

What really bothered me is that WCBS oldies has been on the air for so long, since '72, a lot of tradition there, and for them to just pull the plug on it one day is just not right. So, I'm sorry, but I don't share your same sentiments about 'Jack' , but it looks like it's here to stay.

Written By: hot_wax on 11/07/05 at 9:58 pm

I hardly listen to AM, actually, I NEVER do. But I'll look for that station.

What really bothered me is that WCBS oldies has been on the air for so long, since '72, a lot of tradition there, and for them to just pull the plug on it one day is just not right. So, I'm sorry, but I don't share your same sentiments about 'Jack' , but it looks like it's here to stay.

Hey Carl, did you tune into 1250 WMTR AM yet? If not your missing out on a good thing. Get back to me after you try it and stay with it for a week tune into their Friday night Doo-Wop show, it's as good as the the old WCBS FM Don K. Ried's "Doo-Wop Shop", and their Sunday mornings "Elvis Only" hour. I think you'll like it, let me know what you think.

Hot Wax   

Written By: Carl on 11/08/05 at 7:34 am

Okay, I'll try to search for it again, I couldn't find it last time. I'll let you know. ;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/19/05 at 8:45 pm

In addition to my mom growing up with many of these great oldies,and listening to her play them as a kid, I gained a lot of appreciation for the hits from the 50s and 60s by listening to the 'original' WCBS-FM. The also played many great 70s and some 80s now too. One day I tune in,and I hear 'Jack-FM'! Truly a black day! Highly unlikely the old station wil return. I miss hearing great on air talents like Mickey Dolenz, Harry Harrison and the great 'Cousin Brucie'.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 09/07/06 at 4:23 pm

I agree I'm listing to WCBS fm online and WCBS should come back and I live in ohio and WABC should go back to Musicradio era once again I like saturday night oldies with mark simone

Check for new replies or respond here...