inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So what's wrong with the brown acid?

Written By: OliverDK on 10/31/05 at 5:44 am

I'm the lucky owner of the triple-album from Woodstock, the one with stage-announcements, and at some point the guy making the announcements say "...By the way, don't buy the brown acid" or something to that effect, but I've never found out what was wrong with the brown acid, can anyone help me out?

Subject: Re: So what's wrong with the brown acid?

Written By: barefootrobin on 10/31/05 at 10:23 am

I'm the lucky owner of the triple-album from Woodstock, the one with stage-announcements, and at some point the guy making the announcements say "...By the way, don't buy the brown acid" or something to that effect, but I've never found out what was wrong with the brown acid, can anyone help me out?

The acid was bad - those who took it had "bad trips" ie:  instead of laughing and feeling good they felt paranoid, had very scary hallucinations felt upset and very sick....  bad cramps etc.

Written By: OliverDK on 10/31/05 at 10:48 am

The acid was bad - those who took it had "bad trips" ie:  instead of laughing and feeling good they felt paranoid, had very scary hallucinations felt upset and very sick....  bad cramps etc.

Thanks a lot Robin, I thought it might be something like that, but wanted to be sure.

Written By: Tia on 10/31/05 at 10:50 am

it was probably cut with strychnine. we had that problem a lot in high school.

er, i mean they did.

Written By: OliverDK on 10/31/05 at 10:56 am

it was probably cut with strychnine. we had that problem a lot in high school.

er, i mean they did.

Isn't strychnine some kind of poison?

Written By: barefootrobin on 10/31/05 at 11:14 am

Isn't strychnine some kind of poison?

No strychnine, it is a poison - I was a huge fan of acid from 16-18 years of age and actually asked an uncle who was a GP for the low down at some point.  There is no strychnine in LSD - we used to say there was when we had cramps.  But I guess it wasn't true. 

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/05 at 6:25 am

There is no strychnine in LSD - we used to say there was when we had cramps.  But I guess it wasn't true. 

LSD is a manufactured product.  There are people who in order to make it cheaper and increase their
own profit, or out of sick vindictiveness, will "cut " it with all sorts of stuff.  There have been occasions when
different pills have been cut with strychnine, horse tranquilizers, baby powder, urea, all kinds of sh*t.
Whenever you buy a drug on the street you really don't know what is in it. 

Written By: barefootrobin on 11/02/05 at 10:30 am

LSD is a manufactured product.  There are people who in order to make it cheaper and increase their
own profit, or out of sick vindictiveness, will "cut " it with all sorts of stuff.  There have been occasions when
different pills have been cut with strychnine, horse tranquilizers, baby powder, urea, all kinds of sh*t.
Whenever you buy a drug on the street you really don't know what is in it. 

Yep - and probably worse now than when I was a kid - access to the internet and more related info and recipes......

Written By: Tia on 11/02/05 at 10:35 am

there was all sorts of triflin' gnarliness back then -- marijuana sprayed with windex to make it seem like it had PCP on it, cocaine cut with rat poison. i dont' know how much of that stuff was rumor and how much was fact. it sorta smacks of another kind of urban legend. i mean, as a dealer, if you're goign to cut your drugs to cut corners and make more money, why not just use something benign like flour? otherwise if someone you sell to dies or gets sick you run the risk of getting into a lot of trouble, even more than otherwise.

wait. is "gnarly" good or bad? or both?

Written By: barefootrobin on 11/02/05 at 10:40 am

Lovin the 80s slang cross over!  And Gnarly!  Love it!  Way Gnarly!

Written By: Tia on 11/02/05 at 10:46 am

Lovin the 80s slang cross over!  And Gnarly!  Love it!  Way Gnarly!

cool beans! ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/05 at 11:04 am

there was all sorts of triflin' gnarliness back then -- marijuana sprayed with windex to make it seem like it had PCP on it, cocaine cut with rat poison. i dont' know how much of that stuff was rumor and how much was fact. it sorta smacks of another kind of urban legend. i mean, as a dealer, if you're goign to cut your drugs to cut corners and make more money, why not just use something benign like flour? otherwise if someone you sell to dies or gets sick you run the risk of getting into a lot of trouble, even more than otherwise.

Sad, but alot of it was true. The market was (is) big so they didn't (don't)much care about return business. 

Written By: OliverDK on 11/02/05 at 12:55 pm

Where I live in Denmark the drug of chioce have always been Hash, of cuase you could get acid and whatever too but thanks to Pusher Street in the Free City of Christiania (Check out www.christiania.org) hash have always been cheaper and easier to get than other types of drugs.

What I'm not too sure about is the difference between what I know as hash and what americans call marijuana, we have hash (Which comes in the shape of a brick) and pot (which is actual parts of the plant) but last time I was in the United States I saw "Return of the Jedi" at the cinema (Months before it reached the cinemas back home) and was too young to think about stuff like that.

Anyway, will someone please explain to me the difference between hash and marijuana?

Written By: barefootrobin on 11/02/05 at 1:26 pm

Pot is pot and Hash is Hash - Pot being marijuana - the buds of the plant.  We also have weed oil.  Comes in a vile and you smoke on hot knives or wrapped in tin foil in a pipe or hot knife.  Of course I am not an expert but this is beginner info....  In my part of Canada our pot is hydroponically grown, readily available and very strong so most common - very little hash or oil.  It is now illegal to sell a house that had a grow op in it without having the government ok it for black mold......

Written By: OliverDK on 11/02/05 at 2:37 pm

Pot is pot and Hash is Hash - Pot being marijuana - the buds of the plant.  We also have weed oil.  Comes in a vile and you smoke on hot knives or wrapped in tin foil in a pipe or hot knife.  Of course I am not an expert but this is beginner info....  In my part of Canada our pot is hydroponically grown, readily available and very strong so most common - very little hash or oil.  It is now illegal to sell a house that had a grow op in it without having the government ok it for black mold......

Thanks, I've wondered about that, never smoke pot myself since it doesn't work as well as hash.

Written By: barefootrobin on 11/02/05 at 2:39 pm

Thanks, I've wondered about that, never smoke pot myself since it doesn't work as well as hash.

Work as well how?  Stronger?  Better Buzz?  Easier to smoke?  How do you smoke it?  Where?

Written By: OliverDK on 11/02/05 at 10:18 pm

Work as well how?  Stronger?  Better Buzz?  Easier to smoke?  How do you smoke it?  Where?

I usually smoke joints, I get stoned smoking hash (Even after 20 years of smoking) but when it comes to pot I might as well be smoking a cigarette, pot simply doesn't have any effect on me.
As to where; this time of year I usually smoke at home, but in the summer time I like to sit on the old battlements surrounding my neighborhood, looking at the queen's capital, usually with a bunch of friends, listening to the music from the bars "Nemo" and "Woodstock".

Check for new replies or respond here...