inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Film with a reincarnated parrot

Written By: cables on 11/04/05 at 10:24 am

No, the title of this thread isn't a joke! There really was a film with a parrot who was a reincarnation of one of the main character's friends. I think it was an Ealing Comedy, so I'm particularly appealing to British members.

I remember the film quite clearly but haven't the remotest idea what it was called and Google can't help me! Anyone out there know what film I'm talking about?

Subject: Re: Film with a reincarnated parrot

Written By: karen on 11/04/05 at 11:12 am

I've done a quickish search but haven't found the exact film.  This links to a page listing all the Ealing Studio films so perhap you might recognise the title

Ealing filmography

Written By: cables on 11/04/05 at 2:15 pm

Thanks Karen - I couldn't find the film I was looking for but I like that page. It reminded me of lots of films that I want to buy on DVD!

If anyone else knows the film I'm looking for I'd be grateful to hear from them.

Written By: cables on 11/05/05 at 2:55 am

could it be one of the "carry on" series films ?

It's possible, but I think reincarnation is a little cerebral for the carry on films. I've just been on IMDB and had a look at the titles of the carry on films and there's nothing that strikes me as possible.

Written By: karen on 11/09/05 at 8:40 am

The Ladykillers features an old lady with a pet parrot.  The parrots name is a man's name so maybe that got confused in your head?

Written By: cables on 11/09/05 at 11:45 am

The Ladykillers features an old lady with a pet parrot.

Check for new replies or respond here...