inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for 60's songs --- shtick REPORTER/Politician

Written By: JoAnn Souza on 11/12/05 at 11:08 pm

Anyone know how I would find those old 60's comedy songs where the shtick was 'a reporter who would ask some politician (like Nixon) what he thought of a certain world event outcome and the politician would answer in song phrase like - "Mr President, what do you think of the recent decision by the Impeachment Committee to keep you in as president even though you admitted to breaking the law?"  His answer come in lyric - "I'm on the top of the world, looking down on creation and the only explanation I can find...".  These were great songs but I can't think of a keyword to search for them

Subject: Re: Looking for 60's songs --- shtick REPORTER/Politician

Written By: zcrito on 11/13/05 at 12:48 am

They're from the '70s. Your answer is located here...

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,3656.0.html

Subject: Re: Looking for 60's songs --- shtick REPORTER/Politician

Written By: PETER on 11/13/05 at 3:35 am

Yes, they were recordings by Dickie Goodman who I recall in the last couple(few) years passed away.

The fu was to hear a pop song snippet played..if they tried that with todays music, it would just be called ....uh... a commercial! ;D 

Check for new replies or respond here...