inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Local pop/rock music television shows in your area-1960's

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/24/05 at 4:52 pm

Well, besides American Bandstand I remember NBC had Hullabaloo and ABC had Where the Action Is(hosted by Paul Revere and the Raiders) as well as Shindig...

Locally (Philadelphia)on WFIL TV There was Jerry Blavat(Jerry's Place) WCAU TV had Summersounds (showcase for Philly area rockers) and WKBS TV had Hy Lit....

Jerry Blavat supposedly has Mafia connections...but that could just be a rumor..

Subject: Re: Local pop/rock music television shows in your area-1960's

Written By: hot_wax on 11/24/05 at 10:20 pm

For a short time on Friday nights at 10:30 PM to midnight in the late 50's maybe early 60, "Zackerly" your friendly vampire did a TV show spoofing records and goofed around doing skits to the lyrics and would show Monster movies, he recorded "The Monster Mash". He was the funniest man on TV at the time, I think he still does some TV work today in make-up as Vampire. I don't remember anyone else doing TV record shows, only the "American Bandstand".

Hot Wax 

Subject: Re: Local pop/rock music television shows in your area-1960's

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/04/05 at 3:03 am

Oops, I forgot to mention Lloyd Thaxton who had a local dance show..and also "Ed Hurst Live at Steel Pier"! The beginning scene of the Hurst show was him getting off a helicopter that actually landed on the famous Atlantic City pier!

Check for new replies or respond here...