inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: hey gals....Dolls besides Barbie-type fashion dolls you had or remember...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/10/05 at 12:51 am

Baby Tippee-Toes(Mattel)
Chatty Baby(Mattel)
Chatty Cathy(Mattel)
Baby Magic(with a 'magic wand' you could make her cry 'real' tears)
Baby Boo(doll with lifelike baby sounds that cried when you left the room or removed the pacifier from her mouth)
Baby Giggles
Baby Party(doll with party favors that she could blow on)
and my favorite 'rag' doll..
Raggedy Ann!

Subject: Re: hey gals....Dolls besides Barbie-type fashion dolls you had or remember...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/10/05 at 12:05 pm

Dawn dolls
Crissy/Velvet dolls (the ones where the hair grows-by pulling it out of the head)
Flatsies
Little Kiddles

Check out this website:

http://www.dollsntoys.com/index.htm

Cat

Subject: Re: hey gals....Dolls besides Barbie-type fashion dolls you had or remember...

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 12/10/05 at 12:13 pm

I had a Skipper doll. I bought her in Singapore in 1977.

She was about the height of a Barbie - but flat chested. Then you turned her arm and she grew boobs.

My little brother was FASCINATED with her !!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/05 at 3:34 pm

Dawn dolls

Speaking of Dawn dolls....about 2 years ago I was shopping at Goodwill and I noticed 2 old Barbie/doll cases (the ones that you carry dolls around in)..and they were real cheap (like a buck apiece)...so I bought them. Well...when I came home and opened them up...I found 2 Dawn Dolls with a ton of clothing for them! I was stoked! :)

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/10/05 at 5:07 pm

on behalf of my daughter, I got her a Molly doll, from the Big Comfy Couch and it was cute, she loved it, but she grew up and passed it on to a younger cousin.

Written By: karen on 12/13/05 at 4:03 am

I had

Tippee Tumbles, which I only vaguely remember having
Giggles (I think that's the name)
Katy Copycat
Tiny Tears

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 12/13/05 at 6:09 am

Blimey I'd forgotten all about Tippee Tumbles  ;D

I had Action Girl who was a sort of glamorous sporty alternative to the girly Barbie Doll,

also had Pippa and Marie dolls who were about 5-6" pocket sized dollies with long hair.

My mum used to make lovely clothers for them all to wear.

Anyone ever get the cut out dolls on the back pages of girls papers/comics and there was always a set of garments for them to wear. (Usually Bunty, Mandy or Twinkle) 

Ahhh happy days down nostalgia lane  ;D

Written By: karen on 12/13/05 at 9:33 am

Blimey I'd forgotten all about Tippee Tumbles

Written By: alyceclover on 12/17/05 at 12:54 am

Never had a Barbie! There was the Revlon doll, followed by the Little Miss Revlon Doll...my daughter still has the dress from the first...pink with red hearts on it....my best friend & I made an elaborate doll house with cardboard boxes for our tiny LMRD's....slightly bigger than the Barbie...

I also was given this doll....sort of Raggedy Ann style....that was as big as me with elastic straps on her feet so we could dance together...not funny...still dancing with myself.... 8)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 12/17/05 at 5:19 pm

Never had a Barbie! There was the Revlon doll, followed by the Little Miss Revlon Doll...my daughter still has the dress from the first...pink with red hearts on it....my best friend & I made an elaborate doll house with cardboard boxes for our tiny LMRD's....slightly bigger than the Barbie...

I also was given this doll....sort of Raggedy Ann style....that was as big as me with elastic straps on her feet so we could dance together...not funny...still dancing with myself.... 8)

:) My nana bought me a teddy that was like that,  I just used to love dancing around with him, seems weird now recalling being small enough to dance with a 2 foot long legged teddy :D

Written By: GREEN67 on 12/17/05 at 11:02 pm

8)  I STILL have my dolls..Raggedy Ann..Holly Hobbie..Farrah Fawcett& CHER dolls..and..I think I asked you all before..BUT..I had a doll that was 3 times larger than Barbie and you could turn her scalp to make her a blond...or change to black hair...anyone remember this doll??? I am dying to find out about her..she went missing YEARS ago.........

Check for new replies or respond here...