inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pantyhose ad with Joe Namath in it....

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/10/05 at 12:54 am

Does anyone remember the 'Joe Namath wearing pantyhose' ad and where I can possibly find it on the 'Net?

Thanks in advance!

Subject: Re: Pantyhose ad with Joe Namath in it....

Written By: gord on 12/10/05 at 6:54 am

I remember it from the mid 70s, not sure about finding it though.

Written By: Skippy on 12/10/05 at 5:05 pm

Does anyone remember the 'Joe Namath wearing pantyhose' ad and where I can possibly find it on the 'Net?

Thanks in advance!

Is this it? It's for Beauty Mist pantyhose. You need Quicktime to play it(a free download).
Link: http://www.commercialcloset.org/cgi-bin/iowa/portrayals.html?record=44

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/10/05 at 5:59 pm

Is this it? It's for Beauty Mist pantyhose. You need Quicktime to play it(a free download).
Link: http://www.commercialcloset.org/cgi-bin/iowa/portrayals.html?record=44
I'd bet Namath took some crap for doing the ad back then....I remember in 2002, Tony Stewart did an Old Spice ad with Lance Armstrong, they were discussing ways they dealt with reducing aerodynamic 'drag' and Lance who is a cyclist said to Tony that he shaves his legs prior to a race...and the ad cuts to Tony Stewart making like he's shaving his legs...Needless to say NASCAR 'fans' started a "Stewart is gay" rumor and Tony got a huge amount of crap for doing it!
Shows how a few UNINFORMED HOMOPHOBES assume things without knowing the truth!

PS Not all of us racing fans are narrow-minded..I hate narrowmindedness and bigotry with a passion!

Written By: zotsfreak on 12/12/05 at 6:19 am

Pop Quizz! Anyone remember what other product Joe Namath endorsed?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/12/05 at 12:40 pm

"Let Noxcema cream your face, so the razor won't-Woo" which featured a very young Farrah Fawcett.

Cat

Written By: zotsfreak on 12/12/05 at 12:52 pm

"Let Noxcema cream your face, so the razor won't-Woo" which featured a very young Farrah Fawcett.

Cat

I'm surprised that I don't remember that one. I was thinking of BRUT After Shave.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/12/05 at 1:08 pm

I'm surprised that I don't remember that one. I was thinking of BRUT After Shave.

It looks like you can watch that Noxema commercial (and others). I didn't myself but let me if it works.

http://medialit.med.sc.edu/superbowl2005.htm

Click on the link.

Cat

Written By: Stalback on 01/15/06 at 5:55 pm

HE WAS HIRED TO DO THE AD FOR "BEAUTYMIST'

Written By: TommyBattles on 01/15/06 at 6:01 pm

I'd bet Namath took some crap for doing the ad back then....I remember in 2002, Tony Stewart did an Old Spice ad with Lance Armstrong, they were discussing ways they dealt with reducing aerodynamic 'drag' and Lance who is a cyclist said to Tony that he shaves his legs prior to a race...and the ad cuts to Tony Stewart making like he's shaving his legs...Needless to say NASCAR 'fans' started a "Stewart is gay" rumor and Tony got a huge amount of crap for doing it!

PS Not all of us racing fans are narrow-minded..I hate narrowmindedness and bigotry with a passion!

People who like NASCAR are gay!  Most of them are uptight rednecks who are prejudice, white, little-dick southerners.

Written By: schmartypantz on 01/16/06 at 9:15 pm

yeah, Joe prolly got razzed for doin that. but I think it helped with his image as a celebrity and all around cool guy too.

Written By: Skippy on 01/16/06 at 11:17 pm

HE WAS HIRED TO DO THE AD FOR "BEAUTYMIST'

Gee, thanks for loudly reiterating what was mentioned in the third post.  ::)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/31/06 at 11:02 pm

People who like NASCAR are gay!  Most of them are uptight rednecks who are prejudice, white, little-dick southerners.

Oh brother. Maybe you'd be happy if I stopped liking NASCAR, just for YOU...which will never happen! For one, I am not a 'redneck', and although I'm caucasian, I'm in a so-called minority(mental health consumer), and being that I'm a gal, I don't have a small, ahem, johnson...And I'm from the Northeast.

You are perpetrating a very untrue stereotype, especially since most NASCAR fans are hard-working people who make an honest living...and even some professionals like doctors, lawyers, dentists and teachers are NASCAR fans.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/01/06 at 7:05 am

It looks like you can watch that Noxema commercial (and others). I didn't myself but let me if it works.

http://medialit.med.sc.edu/superbowl2005.htm

Click on the link.

Cat

I remember that one, big controversy on the slogan "Great Balls of Comfort" with her atop a big ball of shaving cream.    ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...