inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Greatest french love song

Written By: meg77 on 12/15/05 at 10:03 am

Hi! Hi! I am hoping someone on this board can help me find the title and names of artists of an old French love song. I know very little about this song so it may be very hard. It's an old love song sung by a woman and man (duet) and I heard it was once the most famous song in Europe, and is still considered one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded.  :-*

My paranets had a copy of this sing on a record (remember those?) and I recently heard it on the radio at a store, but they did not give out any details. It brought back so many great memories and I would love to be able to find it and buy it for my collection.

If anyone has any ideas or clues, please reply or email me at malyebay@hotmail.com

Thank you  ;)

Subject: Re: Greatest french love song

Written By: holicman on 12/15/05 at 6:59 pm

Ca Plane Pour Moi by plastic Bertrand or Ode to Rene by Ween.

No seriously, there was a few songs by Marlene Dietrich ( i think she was french)

some of her songs are sung in french and they are quite romantic sounding.

Another one my be Michelle by the beatles although most of it is sung in english.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/05 at 2:00 am

Hi! Hi! I am hoping someone on this board can help me find the title and names of artists of an old French love song. I know very little about this song so it may be very hard. It's an old love song sung by a woman and man (duet) and I heard it was once the most famous song in Europe, and is still considered one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded.

Written By: Paul on 12/16/05 at 6:46 am

I'm tempted to throw in 'Je T'Aime (Moi Non Plus)' by Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg...however...

...it's not what you'd call an out-and-out 'romantic' love song (although it certainly documents a couple in the throes of passion!)

But it is a male/female duet (even tho' she was British) and was certainly a very famous song all over Europe (for obvious reasons!) and is certainly a beautiful song for all that...

However, some more clues would be helpful...

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/05 at 9:46 am

I'm tempted to throw in 'Je T'Aime (Moi Non Plus)' by Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg...however...

...it's not what you'd call an out-and-out 'romantic' love song (although it certainly documents a couple in the throes of passion!)

But it is a male/female duet (even tho' she was British) and was certainly a very famous song all over Europe (for obvious reasons!) and is certainly a beautiful song for all that...

How about Maurice Chevalier and Hermione Gingold singing I Remember It Well for the film "Gigi".

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/16/05 at 11:18 am

That's the one that I was thinking of, too.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/05 at 12:13 pm

I prefer the Frankie Howard/June Whitfield version.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/05 at 12:13 pm

is that paranets or parakeets???

Written By: hot_wax on 12/21/05 at 5:59 pm

It's a very old one but I always enjoy listening to it...from the original movie "The Theme from the Moulin Rouge"

Hot Wax

Written By: Paul on 12/21/05 at 6:04 pm

It's a very old one but I always enjoy listening to it...from the original movie "The Theme from the Moulin Rouge"

aka 'Where Is Your Heart'...lovely song...

Written By: hot_wax on 12/21/05 at 7:52 pm

aka 'Where Is Your Heart'...lovely song...

Yes, you're right, I always liked that melody since I heard it on the Martin Block's "Make Believe Ballroom Time" radio program back in the 50's...before Rock and Roll. Thanks!

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/23/08 at 8:18 am

Love Is Blue by Paul Mauriat & His Orchestra

?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/30/08 at 2:48 pm

Probably not it, but I'll throw it out there anyway:

Chanson D'Amour - The Fontane Sisters (1958)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BOhXTOa7xQ

Written By: Henk on 12/30/08 at 3:09 pm

Hi! Hi! I am hoping someone on this board can help me find the title and names of artists of an old French love song. I know very little about this song so it may be very hard. It's an old love song sung by a woman and man (duet) and I heard it was once the most famous song in Europe, and is still considered one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded.  :-*

My paranets had a copy of this sing on a record (remember those?) and I recently heard it on the radio at a store, but they did not give out any details. It brought back so many great memories and I would love to be able to find it and buy it for my collection.

If anyone has any ideas or clues, please reply or email me at malyebay@hotmail.com

Thank you   ;)

Did you ever find the song..? 'cuz if not, I was thinking...maybe "l'Adolescente " by Jeanne Moreau and Yves Duteil (from the movie with the same title)...? Here's a link to a video.

Not sure if this is helpful in any way. :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 12/31/08 at 6:38 am

La Vie en Rose - Piaf

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/31/08 at 1:18 pm

La Vie en Rose - Piaf
A pure classic!

Written By: Moni on 05/08/10 at 6:41 pm

I think it has been "Parole Parole" by Dalida & Alain Delon. It's an amazing song and has wonderful touching lyrics :D

Written By: Moni on 05/08/10 at 6:43 pm

I think it has been "Paroles Paroles" by Dalida & Alain Delon. It's an amazing song and has wonderful touching lyrics :D

Check for new replies or respond here...