inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: EVERY Kitchen used to have one...........

Written By: zotsfreak on 12/22/05 at 6:09 am

Who remembers when every household used to have a single handy place in the kitchen where they kept all kinds of household essentials?
Ours had, amongst lots of other stuff, scissors, rubber bands, tape, screwdrivers, pliers, glue, small nails, thumb-tacks, wooden strike anywhere matches, the flashlight, tons of pencils and pens, the stapler, a ball of string, paper clips, a couple emergency candles, razor blades batteries

Subject: Re: EVERY Kitchen used to have one...........

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/22/05 at 6:12 am

We still have one...

...not just one, but 7 Junk Drawers! (That's every drawer in the kitchen)

Wouldn't exactly call the stuff in 'em essentials or anything like that. Just junk.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/22/05 at 9:46 am

We definitely have a junk drawer, I believe this tradition was carried over from my parents having one as well.  We keep things like nails, lightbulbs, pens/pencils, batteries, thumbtacks, scissors, markers, and all other sort of misc. stuff in there. :)

Written By: whistledog on 12/22/05 at 9:57 am

Oh yeah, I got a junk drawer.  I recently cleaned it out and found thigns that wee atleast 20 years old  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/22/05 at 11:10 am

We have a couple of junk drawers right under the cuttlery drawer in our kitchen...and I really should go through them soon because they've become 'bottomless pits'... ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/22/05 at 1:00 pm

We have two of them-complete with batteries (of just about every size), screwdrivers, rubber bands, and who knows what else in there.

Cat

Written By: zotsfreak on 12/22/05 at 1:08 pm

You guys are all so lucky!! All of my wives and Live-Ins have been / are neat freaks and everything has a place and I hafta keep it there. One big important exception though- MY GARAGE!!  100% My Tools, My Gear, My Sporting Goods, and mostly MY SPACE!! Off limits

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/22/05 at 1:13 pm

You guys are all so lucky!! All of my wives and Live-Ins have been / are neat freaks and everything has a place and I hafta keep it there. One big important exception though- MY GARAGE!!  100% My Tools, My Gear, My Sporting Goods, and mostly MY SPACE!! Off limits

Written By: gemini on 12/22/05 at 3:48 pm

Darn! I thought of posting "What is in your junk drawer" in the PPP last week. But I thought everyone would think I was nuts!  :D What a coincidence! So, yea, we have a couple of junk drawers and they're so full, I need to clean them out soon!

Written By: nally on 12/22/05 at 3:49 pm

Darn! I thought of posting "What is in your junk drawer" in the PPP last week. But I thought everyone would think I was nuts!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 12/22/05 at 3:52 pm

Darn! I thought of posting "What is in your junk drawer" in the PPP last week. But I thought everyone would think I was nuts!

It would take me WAY too long to list everything!!  ;D

Written By: gemini on 12/22/05 at 3:53 pm

It would take me WAY too long to list everything!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/28/05 at 6:53 pm

Oh yeah my housemate and I have a junk drawer in the kitchen....and I have 'catch-all' containers for all my small crafts stuff and computer USB wires for my MP3 player and digital camera and backup discs for my PC software....

Written By: zotsfreak on 01/02/06 at 6:16 am

Oh yeah my housemate and I have a junk drawer in the kitchen....and I have 'catch-all' containers for all my small crafts stuff and computer USB wires for my MP3 player and digital camera and backup discs for my PC software....

Interesting "Evolution" of junk drawer contents when compared to my initial post about '60's and '70's junk drawers!

Check for new replies or respond here...