inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Barry Cowsill found dead after reported missing

Written By: Carl on 01/06/06 at 1:09 pm

Always liked the song 'The Rain, the park and other things', very tragic! First Lou Rawls, now another great has left us.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/06/obit.cowsill.ap/index.html

Subject: Re: Barry Cowsill found dead after reported missing

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 01/06/06 at 1:11 pm

Always liked the song 'The Rain, the park and other things', very tragic! First Lou Rawls, now another great has left us.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/06/obit.cowsill.ap/index.html

How sad... :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/06/06 at 1:19 pm

I just read about this yesterday...this was very said news.  Correct me if I am wrong...but didn't the Cowsills have a lot of tragedy in their lives back in the day? I might have heard this somewhere before. ???

Written By: whistledog on 01/06/06 at 2:21 pm

Very sad news  :\'(

Written By: danootaandme on 01/06/06 at 2:22 pm

I just read about this yesterday...this was very said news.  Correct me if I am wrong...but didn't the Cowsills have a lot of tragedy in their lives back in the day? I might have heard this somewhere before. ???

From what I heard the father was a real tryrant, physically and mentally abusing the boys, and adding rape in regards to the daughter.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/06/06 at 2:36 pm

So sad. Unfortunately, he is just one among thousands.  :\'( :\'(

I saw the Cowsills in concert way back in the dark ages. They were playing at a now defunct amusement park in Mass. After we left the park, we went to the local Howard Johnson's for dinner. As we were leaving, the Cowsills pulled in. We were so thrilled. After they went into the resteraunt, we all went over just to touch their van-ooh. Weren't we privileged.  ::)

Cat

Written By: Carl on 01/06/06 at 3:03 pm

They are originally from Rhode Island, so I'm sure they have played all over New England.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/08/06 at 3:15 pm

that's terrible.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/08/06 at 4:20 pm

What a sad ending to that story. R.I.P. Barry.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/15/06 at 10:35 pm

Barry Cowsill rest in peace. I remember their other songs "Indian Lake" and their version of "Hair"..

Written By: schmartypantz on 01/16/06 at 9:12 pm

'The Rain, the park and other things' is a great song pop tune.

Written By: Carl on 01/17/06 at 8:27 am

I also liked 'Hair', good tune as well!

Written By: Mushroom on 02/18/06 at 11:32 am

Barry Cowsill funeral to be in Newport

NEWPORT, R.I. A funeral will be held in Newport next month for Barry Cowsill, a member of a family band that inspired "The Partridge Family" television series.

The 51-year-old Cowsill was found dead on a New Orleans wharf on December 28th, some four months after he disappeared shortly after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. His death was believed to be related to the storm.

The Cowsills recorded a series of top hits between 1967 and 1970, including "The Rain, The Park and Other Things" and "Hair." They began their career playing in a Newport club before a television appearance led to a record deal.

The service will be held on February 18th at Cowsill's childhood home in Newport. There will be a party in his honor that evening at the Viking Hotel.

Check for new replies or respond here...