inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What musical trends define pre-'50s decades?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/23/06 at 2:56 pm

I'd say:

1980s-1910s - Ragtime
1920s - Jazz
1930s - Swing
1940s - Big Bands

Subject: Re: What musical trends define pre-'50s decades?

Written By: hot_wax on 01/31/06 at 8:12 pm

I'd say:

1980s-1910s - Ragtime
1920s - Jazz
1930s - Swing
1940s - Big Bands

I'd say you're correct, what's interesting is that Jazz has never really faded out it only gets recreated into other forms or styles with new generations. It's the brick and mortar all the decades, even of our Rock n Roll today. The first new generation, they took Jazz and tried something new, they " nursed it...rehearsed it and gave out the news...that the southland jazz gave birth to the Blues" and then Swing and then so on and so on...and "All that Jazz" started it all.

Hot Wax 

Subject: Re: What musical trends define pre-'50s decades?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/31/06 at 9:52 pm

I'd say you're correct, what's interesting is that Jazz has never really faded out it only gets recreated into other forms or styles with new generations. It's the brick and mortar all the decades, even of our Rock n Roll today. The first new generation, they took Jazz and tried something new, they " nursed it...rehearsed it and gave out the news...that the southland jazz gave birth to the Blues" and then Swing and then so on and so on...and "All that Jazz" started it all.

Hot Wax 

Actually, if you think about it all popular music is ultimately derived from Jazz, or at least most of it.

Check for new replies or respond here...