inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Old Political PSA (circa 1968)

Written By: star500 on 02/02/06 at 10:41 am

I wonder if anyone remembers this PSA. Bear with me, because I watched a video about advertising in my Gr. 11 Finance class and I saw this PSA on that tape but I am 20 now so this was a while ago. It appeared in 1968 I believe and might have been to support Nixon running for office.

It starts with a field of flowers (I think) and a blonde little girl appears and she is running through the field of flowers and she seems happy but suddenly she looks up at the camera and she looks very scared. The camera freeze frames on her face and we hear a voice counting down "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..." and then we hear a bomb go off.

Unfortunately, that is all I remember about the ad. There might have been writing on screen but I cannot remember. I know I saw it but as time goes on my memory is becoming fuzzy and I'm not sure about all the details.

Can someone confirm that this PSA exists?

Subject: Re: Old Political PSA (circa 1968)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/02/06 at 11:27 am

Yeah, it does exist. It is called "Daisy Girl" and it came out in 1964. You can view it

http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/movies/daisygirl.html

Cat

Written By: star500 on 02/02/06 at 11:39 am

Yeah, it does exist. It is called "Daisy Girl" and it came out in 1964. You can view it

http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/movies/daisygirl.html

Cat

OMG, thanks Cat...I thought I was going crazy and I imagined this PSA on the video, lol. I will have a look at it when I get home today (I am at college right now! ;)) I had a feeling it had the word daisy in the title.

Written By: Skippy on 02/02/06 at 9:51 pm

Woo Hoo. Remember Tommy Turtle say's "Just Duck And Cover". Oh how I long for those good ol' we're all gonna fry in a nuclear holocost days. Just kidding!

Check for new replies or respond here...