inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was your favorite hobby, and do you still enjoy it today?

Written By: NozmoKing on 02/08/06 at 9:30 pm

This question was inspired by the thread about what your favorite classic car is. So I thought I would ask, What was your favorite hobby growing up? and, Do you still enjoy it?

My favorite hobby was slot cars. Little motorized cars that ran on a slotted track that you could either set up alone or with a train set. I enjoyed it as a kid growing up in the 60s and still enjoy it today. Slotcars to me are like model trains to others.

So, how about your hobbies?

NozmoKing

Subject: Re: What was your favorite hobby, and do you still enjoy it today?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/08/06 at 9:42 pm

well...unfortunately I wasn't around before the 70's....but my favorite hobby when I was younger was collecting dolls. All sorts of dolls too...porcelain, more popular ones, old ones, teddy bears, etc.

Now....my hobby is still collecting things...antiques/retro stuff...but I also like to explore places of the past/defunct places.

Subject: Re: What was your favorite hobby, and do you still enjoy it today?

Written By: whistledog on 02/08/06 at 9:55 pm

I wasn't around before the 70's either, but as I was younger in the 80's, my biggest hobby was collecting Hot Wheels cars.  I had a good collection too, bot over the years, they have gotten so old and worn.  But these days, it's hard to find Hot Wheels with print on the bottom that reads (c) 1978 or some year before 1980 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...