inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Beach Boys are not respected enough...

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/10/06 at 4:56 am

I lot of people like to take the mickey out of the Beach Boys or relegate them to a 'novelty act' sure - they sang about nothing about the beach, cars and girls...but their music is incomparably. I personally prefer them to the Beatles, Brian Wilson was at least as good a song-writer as Paul McCartney (And actually less conventional).
Though I'm more talking about their 60s stuff - after 70s I'm not really interested at all.

Subject: Re: The Beach Boys are not respected enough...

Written By: schmartypantz on 02/10/06 at 4:44 pm

The Beach Boys get plenty of recognition. and I don't think they are underrated or considered a novelty act by any means. They were what was happening in the mid 60's. I don't listen too much anymore tho.

Subject: Re: The Beach Boys are not respected enough...

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/06 at 5:42 pm

The Beach Boys were great.  Their big years were of course in the 60's, but even into the 70's and the 80's, they were still able to chart top 40 hits, hold a wide fan base and even aquire new fans along the way

Check for new replies or respond here...