inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gary U.S. Bonds

Written By: whistledog on 03/15/06 at 3:28 pm

* written and produced by Bruce Springsteen, who also provided backing vocals

My favourite is "This Little Girl" followed by "Out of Work" :)

Subject: Re: Gary U.S. Bonds

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/15/06 at 3:40 pm

Yikes! This is really hard, because the 80's work and 60's work have such different styles to them... well, not hugely, but enough that I'm debating between "New Orleans" and "This Little Girl" ... I'd pick both if I could

Written By: Paul on 03/15/06 at 3:50 pm

Good as 'This Little Girl' is, I'm afraid it doesn't 'grab' me as much as 'New Orleans' does...

Written By: Carl on 03/15/06 at 3:52 pm

New Orleans!!!! :D

Written By: spaceace on 03/16/06 at 12:57 pm

Quarter to Three.  Love that song!  Oh shoot, now I've got that running through my head. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/22/06 at 4:29 pm

Quarter to Three - ROCK AND ROLL!!!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/22/06 at 5:31 pm

Quarter to Three - ROCK AND ROLL!!!

I second that!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/24/06 at 1:55 pm

I chose "Quarter to Three" To me that's his best and will stand the test of time. New Orleans is great, too. And I like some of his 80's work, too.

That's some really cool trivia about Bruce Springsteen being a part of those songs. Very nifty!

Written By: Paul on 03/24/06 at 2:24 pm

That's some really cool trivia about Bruce Springsteen being a part of those songs. Very nifty!

Bruce was a very big fan of his early stuff and went to a club where Bonds was playing one night in order to meet the man and offer him some songs...'This Little Girl' was one of them, I think...

This was in 1980, when Bruce was achieving major superstardom...but the story goes that, when they met, Bonds didn't have a clue who Springsteen was!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/06 at 2:31 pm

1960 - New Orleans

Check for new replies or respond here...