inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ricky Nelson Documentary

Written By: danootaandme on 04/25/06 at 4:01 pm

Saw a real good documentary on PBS about Ricky Nelson.  I have always been a Ricky fan and think
that most of the music public didn't appreciate him as much as his peers did.  He was a fantastic talent
and anyone who wants to know more about him should catch it if it is shown.

Subject: Re: Ricky Nelson Documentary

Written By: gemini on 04/25/06 at 5:03 pm

It seems like I might have seen a show about him. I think it was about his family and their show,  Ozzie and Harriet I'd like to see it if I can catch it on sometime.

Written By: schmartypantz on 04/27/06 at 10:12 am

there is a 6 cd box set called Ricky Nelson, the American Dream. lots of good tunes on that.

Written By: hot_wax on 05/09/06 at 8:37 pm

Yesterday it was Ricky Nelson's birthday, May 8th, born 1940 in Teaneck NJ.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/10/06 at 4:39 pm

I always liked him more than I liked elvis

Written By: hot_wax on 05/10/06 at 9:00 pm

I always liked him more than I liked elvis

He was low keyed cool, reminded me of a James Dean type of character, almost like the kid gun slinger character "Colorado" he played in, I think it was called "Rio Grande" with John Wayne, Dean Martin and Walter Brennen in it...not a believable roll for him but he was cool doing it.

I can understand you liking him more than Elvis, but remember, he had Early Elvis as a mentor and roll model who blazed the Rock and Roll trail for Rick to become that teen idol you liked more than Elvis.

HW

Check for new replies or respond here...