inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what....before the 1970's....!

Written By: hollywoodjoe on 05/05/06 at 9:53 pm

How old are most of the people that are here with ...before the 1970s...?....where is everyone out there...?...I seem to be the only one who remembers anything before that period...!....As Lennon said many times..."No Reply".....!......"No Reply"........!

Subject: Re: what....before the 1970's....!

Written By: schmartypantz on 05/05/06 at 10:41 pm

haha, I'm 56, and I remember plenty.  :)

Written By: Joseph Nania on 05/05/06 at 10:57 pm

Thank you for your reply....I was going to give up on the quest....It was agreat thing to be in....I was at Woodstock 1969....I aminly remember that everyone was OLDER than I....I was 16 and 3/4 yeasr young at that time of the year...August of 1969 and I will never forget the RAIN...MUD...ODOR OF POT IN THE AIR....put it this way...."YOU HAD TO BE THERE"....i PLAYED AT THE 25TH WOODSTOCK FESTIVAL in August of 1994....to a crowd of about 15,000 people....and guess what the air was filled with the smell of you know what....take care...keep in touch....and most of all STAY YOUNG...HOLLYWOOD JOE...here I am at...              http://www.hollywoodjoe.com
hollywoodjoe@usa.com                                                             http://www.hollywoodjoe.8m.com

Written By: Joseph Nania on 05/05/06 at 10:59 pm

Thank you for your reply....I was going to give up on the quest....It was agreat thing to be in....I was at Woodstock 1969....I aminly remember that everyone was OLDER than I....I was 16 and 3/4 yeasr young at that time of the year...August of 1969 and I will never forget the RAIN...MUD...ODOR OF POT IN THE AIR....put it this way...."YOU HAD TO BE THERE"....i PLAYED AT THE 25TH WOODSTOCK FESTIVAL in August of 1994....to a crowd of about 15,000 people....and guess what the air was filled with the smell of you know what....take care...keep in touch....and most of all STAY YOUNG...HOLLYWOOD JOE...here I am at...              http://www.hollywoodjoe.com
hollywoodjoe@usa.com                                                             http://www.hollywoodjoe.8m.com

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/05/06 at 11:50 pm

Spamming to promote your website isn't allowed, I don't think.

And a lot of people here can talk about the pre-70s eras whether they were alive then or not.

Written By: hot_wax on 05/09/06 at 8:50 pm

How old are most of the people that are here with ...before the 1970s...?....where is everyone out there...?...I seem to be the only one who remembers anything before that period...!....As Lennon said many times..."No Reply".....!......"No Reply"........!

Joe, read Trimac20's post on page 2 "What is the Anthem of the psychadelic age/counter culture"

Hot Wax

Written By: W on 05/10/06 at 7:51 pm

HI JOE, YEAH THERE'S SOME OF US CAN REMEMBERTHE 60'S AND EVEN BEFORE. ALTHOUGH IT'S GETTING HARDER EVERY YEAR THAT PASSES. I DON'T GET ON HERE VERY MUCH, BUT I ENJOY LOOKING IN WHEN I CAN. IT'S A GREAT SITE, A LOT OF GOOD PEOPLE HERE.  W

Written By: guest on 05/10/06 at 9:27 pm

And a lot of people here can talk about the pre-70s eras whether they were alive then or not.

Yep!  Yep!   and................. Yep!  
  I'm sort of a pre 1970's person; (born in 1961; so it was my childhood and before era that I speak of when posting on this thread). Hope this does not "invalidate" me ;)
I have surely expressed my opinions on this Pre 70's Decade page more than all others; but all pages are great!.
Anyhoo...... let's not forget that what this site is all about: POV's!  This place exists in order that we can all put our Points Of View out in the public arena for any comments, criticism's, attacks, concurrences, etc!  
I feel it's a little more than what Sister Morphine said in her post  "And a lot of people here can talk about the pre-70s eras whether they were alive then or not".
I think that that everyone here using this site is SUPPOSED to express their POV on any subject or topic.
That means, no matter where you're from, (as long as it's USA), how old you are, (provided your 45 or older), your gender, (except females), your political bias, (as long as it's Right Wing Conservative), where you live, (as long as it's the North East USA), your profession, (University educated white collar professionals only- no municipality, UAW, AFLCIO, or Federal employees, please), where you reside, (homeowners only), and not to forget ethnicity- (Caucasians only), and last, but not least, no persons with any biases, prejudiced, or bigoted opinions should be present here!!
A-hem!! SERIOUSLY just kidding there!!  Couldn't resist when my own rant started sounding too "serious" for even myself!
(Let's not forget what we're all here for: entertainment.............................................)

Scott out-

Check for new replies or respond here...