inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Zanzibar

Written By: warrick on 05/31/06 at 4:21 am

Does anybody know of a ska reggae song - radio hit - around the time of My Boy Lollipop ( I think )
with the words :
" well all I have to get from you dearsir is to ride upon a cabbage leaf  ...... something  then the chorus
oh yeah      by the time I get to  Zanzibar "
many thanks
Warrick Sony

Subject: Re: Zanzibar

Written By: Peter on 08/28/06 at 7:42 pm

"A catepillar caught me on the mouth, oh dear, so near to the coral reef....oh yeh, so near to the coral reef..."

No, but let me know if you find a source!

Written By: sensual_sloth on 03/17/10 at 9:13 am

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE if anyone knows ... i'm actually looking for the original version ... think it's from the 80's *sigh*

Written By: Claybricks on 10/17/10 at 7:29 pm

Wanda Arletti - Zanzibar {1970}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXwXTR0bg18

Wanda ARLETTI (SA) born Wanda ARLETOWICZ in Hackney, England of Polish parents.
Sang for the STACCATOS; married group's guitarist, Richard CROUSE
27 NOV 70 2 13 ZANZIBAR (-) (-)
Total songs: 1 Total weeks: 13

BOBBIE McGEE was one of the greatest women 70s glam rock and pop singers who never got the recognition she deserved developing only a cult following like most, this pretty girl who wore some outrageous outfits and at one time was nicknamed GLADYS GLITTER by the british press was born in london, and lived in south africa for some time, her parents were from poland,her original name is LADY WANDA TERESEN ANNA VAN ARLETOWICZ, also known as WANDA ARLETOWICZ, later as WANDA ARLETTI, then changed to BOBBIE McGEE sometime maybe about '72 or so........

http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/70sinvasion/bobbi.html

Dan

Written By: warrick on 09/25/12 at 3:58 am

thanks Dan - 2 years later!!
totally loved the track and thanks fro the info

Check for new replies or respond here...