inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Bugs Bunny cartoons

Written By: woops on 05/31/06 at 11:17 pm

http://toolooney.goldenagecartoons.com/bbmbox2.gif

Bugs Bunny filmography (1940 to 1964, though there's a few Bugs Bunny shorts in the '90's like "Box Office Bunny" and "Carrotblanca"):

http://www.jenn98.com/bugs/bugsfilms.html

Several of my favorites:

"Bully For Bugs" (Bugs against a bull)

"Rabbit Seasoning", "Rabbit Fire", and "Duck! Rabbit! Duck", (Bugs, Daffy, Elmer trilogy)

"Hare Way To The Stars" (Bugs vs. Marvin the Martian and some strange bird like aliens)

"Bugs Bunny Rides Again" (one of my favorite Bugs vs. Yosemite Sam cartoons)

"Little Red Riding Rabbit"

"Herr Meets Hare" (WWII propaganda cartoon with Bugs vs.  Hermann Goering, scene where Bugs dresses as Brunhilde inspired "What's Opera Doc?", another classic cartoon)

"Falling Hare" (Bugs vs a gremlin)

"The Big Snooze" (where Bugs invades Elmer's dream)

"Sahara Hare"

"Tortoise Wins By A Hare" (Bugs races the turtle for the second time)

Subject: Re: Favorite Bugs Bunny cartoons

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/31/06 at 11:43 pm

Hair raising Hare-Robotic female bunny lures Bugs into the mad-scientist's lair, chased by Gossamer (red monster)

Water, Water Every Hare-Mad scientist again, Gossamer (called Rudolph in this one) get a make-over by Bugs.

Broom Stick Bunny-Bugs Trick or treating to Witch Hazel's house.

Written By: woops on 06/05/06 at 3:12 pm

>bump<

Written By: CeeKay on 06/05/06 at 4:20 pm

Several of my favorites:

"Rabbit Seasoning", "Rabbit Fire", and "Duck! Rabbit! Duck", (Bugs, Daffy, Elmer trilogy)

"Little Red Riding Rabbit"

"Tortoise Wins By A Hare" (Bugs races the turtle for the second time)

I love all of these.  Red Riding Hare has got to be my top pick ("Hey Grandma!  I brought ya a little bunny rabbit!  TA HAVE!!")

What's the one where Bugs plays "Those Endearing Young Charms" on the grand piano and always messes up the last note and then Daffy says, "No, no, it goes like this..."  KABOOM!  Classic  ;D

Written By: star500 on 06/05/06 at 5:35 pm

Let's see...I really liked:

Duck Amuck (1953)

Rabbit Fire! (1951)

French Rarebit (1951)

What's Opera, Doc? (1957)

Apes of Wrath (1959)

Those are my favorites. All of the Merrie Melodies shorts are pretty good though. In the words of Porky Pig, T-t-t-t-t-that's all, folks! ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/06/06 at 12:00 am

All of them...I can't remember them on an episode by episode basis, but Bugs is still probably my favourite character, along with Porky Pig.

Written By: namilliron on 06/11/06 at 3:04 pm

The one where he goes against Giovanni Jones.  The "acoustically perfect" gag puts this one at the top for me.

Honorable mentions:

The first two in "tortoise v. hare" trilogy

Rabbit Rampage (remember that one)?

Written By: searching1980s on 06/12/06 at 10:36 am

Most of the opera and classical music based ones (What's Opera?, Rabbit of Seville, Long-Haired Hair, etc.) have already been mentioned as well as the Rabbit/Duck Season trilogy, and they are all beyond the best  -- but I'd like to also mention
* Wakiki Wabbit -- where he does his island dance
* Hair-devil Hare -- where he does his space sick dance
* Bully for Bugs -- the bull fight.
I love watching bugs dance frame by frame on DVD.  Wakiki Wabbit is also special for the experimental backgrounds Chuck Jones asked for.  Not too many look like this one.
The Looney Tunes Golden Collections are great.  I have volumes I and III.  Well worth the money.  The color and sound are beautifully restored.

Check for new replies or respond here...