inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Paul dead?

Written By: ILuvCrackersGrommit! on 06/07/06 at 2:43 am

I swear, my cousin's cousin told me that Paul McCartney died, and he had an evil twin cloned...

Subject: Re: Is Paul dead?

Written By: whistledog on 06/07/06 at 2:57 am

I swear, my cousin's cousin told me that Paul McCartney died, and he had an evil twin cloned...

Your Cousin's Cousin told you this?

Did he get this information from his Brother's Lover's Best Friend's Father's Nephew's Best Friend's Sister's Mother?

Written By: karen on 06/07/06 at 4:34 am

Your Cousin's Cousin told you this?

Did he get this information from his Brother's Lover's Best Friend's Father's Nephew's Best Friend's Sister's Mother?

It's true you know.  It must be because I heard from a friend's hairdresser's husband's car mechanic.

Altenatively you can read the Wiki article here

Written By: Paul on 06/07/06 at 6:51 am

It's a lie, I'm still alive, I tell you...!!

Oh, that Paul...

Well, he's still very much alive...which is more than can be said for his career over the last quarter of a century...

Written By: gemini on 06/07/06 at 6:41 pm

It's a lie, I'm still alive, I tell you...!!

Whew, I was worried for a minute there  ;D

Written By: hot_wax on 06/07/06 at 10:00 pm

Now wait a minute guys! we went over this a couple of time over the past year in a couple of past postings, let the kid decide if Paul is dead, afterall, the Beatles gave us enough hints in their album songs and album covers that Paul is dead and just maybe all these years that this Paul is an imposter.

IluvCrackersGrommit, if you want really want to know a few facts about the possibility of Paul's death, let me know and "I love to turn you on", afterall what are we here for but to share important information to help you decide "you'll get by with a little help of your friends". I for one think he was replaced and John couldn't deal with him any longer and broke up the Beatles over it...I'm not alone!

Hot Wax 

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/08/06 at 2:30 am

Well and truly alive, and still is making records and hitting the headlines.

Written By: Ize_that_Devise on 06/08/06 at 3:01 am

The whole thing is just silly. Just like the moon landing thingie... ::) Some people are so gullible, that's what's wrong with society. People taking it down the throats. Sorry for my rant, I know it was unwarranted for a newbie!  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/08/06 at 3:11 am

The whole thing is just silly. Just like the moon landing thingie... ::) Some people are so gullible, that's what's wrong with society. People taking it down the throats. Sorry for my rant, I know it was unwarranted for a newbie!  ;)
I was a young child at the time this all occured, I found it interesting then and catches my attention today.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/08/06 at 3:20 am

I was a young child at the time this all occured, I found it interesting then and catches my attention today.

Yes, its a study into group psychology and popular culture, if anything.

Written By: hot_wax on 06/08/06 at 8:41 pm

Don't be sorry, tell it like it is! 

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/08/06 at 8:43 pm

I don't think he is dead, but there where a lot of "coincedences", you know what i think....CONSPIRACY!!!

Written By: hot_wax on 06/08/06 at 9:56 pm

I don't think he is dead, but there where a lot of "coincedences", you know what i think....CONSPIRACY!!!

Yes Yes Yes! now you're on the right track, it was all about the fame and money they lose if Paul wasn't replaced, they came up dead ringer (no pun intended) for Paul and he  was even better than the dead Paul and John was jealous of the more talented Paul and broke up the band over it and didn't talk to him for years...strange isn't it? Yes, a CONSPIRACY!!! pass it on!... your're my kind of people!

Hot Wax

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/10/06 at 1:05 am

I'm still maintaining the Beatles and the other folks at Capitol/Apple exploited the gullibility of their audience (largely teenage girls) for saleability (which they didn't really need in the first place). Who agrees?

Written By: HunkyDory on 06/16/06 at 5:53 pm

I'm still maintaining the Beatles and the other folks at Capitol/Apple exploited the gullibility of their audience (largely teenage girls) for saleability (which they didn't really need in the first place). Who agrees?

Never thought of that....I agree

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/17/06 at 4:29 am

Nope. He managed to reach 64...

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/06 at 6:54 am

^He will managed to reach 64...

Written By: hot_wax on 06/19/06 at 12:15 am

The Beatles got into a popularity riff with Christian religious organizations world wide  around 1966 because John said that " the Beatles were more popular then Jesus".
They were tabooed by that statement and those religious fanatics were burning all Beatles albums on the news condemning John and the Beatles for "blasphemy. They were having problems with radio stations playing their songs and record sales were plummeting. They were drifting for awhile without having 3 hits in the top 10 music charts as in their past 3 years.Then they recorded "Hey Jude" and the world responded positively and they were on their way back, but had to make up a lot of money they lost to their business partners. Innovative as they were, and the Sgt. Pepper album being a the first concept album of it's kind, it had to succeed financially so to add to the oddessy of the being a different they created a believable possibilty that Paul was dead and was replaced with an imposter, hopefully create new fans and to bring back the fan base they lost and get them to buy the album...sort of like hedging their investment against failure. The die hard teenage fans, male and females alike, took a romantic view and believed with their hearts that Paul died and still is dead with an imposter in his place even today on his or this other guys 64th birthday, others saw the hoax for the extra fanancial gain and fan popularity...it's still working today, is he or isn't he the original Paul? or is this the biggest hoax in history pulled on us that he is an imposter all this time?...remember Murphey's Law "if it can happen, it will happen" we will never know for sure that's why this rumor re-surface's from time to time...did someone say DNA test?

HW   

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/28/06 at 1:26 pm

I thought everybody knew that?

Written By: holicman on 03/12/17 at 7:21 am

My Cousin's, Cousin's, Cousin's, brothers, mates cousins's father's goldfishes shadow told me this may not be correct ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/12/17 at 3:00 pm

Paul is very much alive and well.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/17 at 3:43 am

Paul is very much alive and well.
The Paul we see today is very much alive and well...

Written By: Howard on 03/13/17 at 6:06 am

Yes. In November 1966, a Klansman(UK chapter), upset over the Beatles proclaiming themselves bigger than Jesus, slashed McCartney's tires, triggering a car accident that killed him.

From Sgt. Pepper onward, Paul was replaced by William Campbell, a convincing lookalike and soundalike.

Did it actually look like him? ???

Written By: Howard on 03/13/17 at 6:07 am

The Paul we see today is very much alive and well...

He has a concert coming up at the Budokan.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/17 at 6:15 am

Did it actually look like him? ???
Slightly, but the ears and nose are the shape.

Written By: Howard on 03/13/17 at 7:03 am

Slightly, but the ears and nose are the shape.

Would this fake person be alive today? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/17 at 7:20 am

Would this fake person be alive today? ???
He could have already died, and was replaced?

Written By: Howard on 03/13/17 at 4:57 pm

He could have already died, and was replaced?

William Campbell? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/17 at 7:06 pm

William Campbell? ???
Yes, the William Campbell had died and replaced by another?

Written By: Howard on 03/14/17 at 8:24 am

Yes, the William Campbell had died and replaced by another?

You mean the actor who played on Star Trek? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/17 at 8:57 am

You mean the actor who played on Star Trek? ???
William Campbell is the name of the man (look-a-like) that alledgely replace Paul McCartney back in 1967. What Star Trek has to do with it, i do not know.

Written By: Howard on 03/14/17 at 2:56 pm

But why would someone do a hoax that the "real" Paul McCartney had died 50 years ago and claim to be someone else? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/17 at 8:14 pm

But why would someone do a hoax that the "real" Paul McCartney had died 50 years ago and claim to be someone else? ???
The evidence appeared to be there...

Written By: Howard on 03/15/17 at 6:52 am

The evidence appeared to be there...

But has Paul ever said that it was a joke? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/17 at 6:55 am

But has Paul ever said that it was a joke? ???
Interesting point, and one that does need to be taken into consideration?

Written By: Howard on 03/15/17 at 8:09 am

Interesting point, and one that does need to be taken into consideration?

How come he's never brought it up?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/17 at 4:01 am

How come he's never brought it up?
He would reply"No comment"?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/17 at 4:04 am

My Cousin's, Cousin's, Cousin's, brothers, mates cousins's father's goldfishes shadow told me this may not be correct ;)

Forget DNA! Have his fingerprints analysed, that should solve it?

Written By: Howard on 03/16/17 at 3:12 pm

He would reply"No comment"?

That would mean he's hiding something.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 03/16/17 at 3:13 pm

Forget DNA! Have his fingerprints analysed, that should solve it?

What are they going to find?  ???

So would that mean that Linda wasn't his wife?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/17 at 9:53 pm

Yes. In November 1966, a Klansman(UK chapter), upset over the Beatles proclaiming themselves bigger than Jesus, slashed McCartney's tires, triggering a car accident that killed him.

I totally discount the car accident notion with the "bigger than Jesus" claim, for it was John Lennon that made that statement not Paul McCartney.

Written By: Howard on 03/19/17 at 4:07 pm

The only source we know that if Paul officially passes away Yahoo and MSN will report it immediately.

Check for new replies or respond here...