inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Beach Party movies

Written By: star500 on 06/19/06 at 5:41 pm

I personally liked Beach Party.

Subject: Re: Beach Party movies

Written By: hot_wax on 06/19/06 at 8:55 pm

All of those movies were fun to watch back then, they made California look like fun place to live at when you're a kid on the east coast and I say it was a factor that made California attractive for a lot of the 60's pre-hippy teens to migrate to when everyone was dropping out. I liked that motorcycle gang in a couple of those movies, I think they were called the "Rats" and I think the leaders was name Eric Von Stubin, a bumbling goofy leader who gave the beach kids a hard time but always managed to give himself "the finger"  paralyzing himself leaving his gang to pick him up and carry him out of trouble...the bikes were cool.

They can't make movies like that anymore, although the parody movies of today fill that void... mindless entertainment, my type of entertainment.

HW         

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/19/06 at 11:19 pm

Beach Blanket Bingo!

Ah, Frankie take me away!

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/19/06 at 11:41 pm

Never heard of them. Did they have anything to do with the Beach Boys in any way?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/20/06 at 2:07 am

Did Elvis Presley make any?

Written By: hot_wax on 06/20/06 at 9:19 pm

Beach Blanket Bingo!

Ah, Frankie take me away!

Ah, Annette you're my girl!

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/20/06 at 10:38 pm

'The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini?' Would've liked to have seen that one...

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/21/06 at 12:13 am

Ah, Annette you're my girl!

As always!!! lol

Written By: Tia on 06/21/06 at 12:40 am

http://imdb.com/title/tt0058954/

this is a hot one. also, "horror of party beach." and "catalina caper."

but "beach party" will always have my ultimate vote. best pie fight going, until the "shaggy d.a." that is.

Written By: Southern Image on 06/22/06 at 6:09 pm

Beach Blanket Bingo

Written By: berger on 06/26/06 at 10:14 pm

I gotta go with "The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini" any beach movie with Boris Karlof is the Best
Second I'd have to say "Beach Party" same reason as above, except this time its Vincent Price

Written By: berger on 06/26/06 at 10:22 pm

All of those movies were fun to watch back then, they made California look like fun place to live at when you're a kid on the east coast and I say it was a factor that made California attractive for a lot of the 60's pre-hippy teens to migrate to when everyone was dropping out. I liked that motorcycle gang in a couple of those movies, I think they were called the "Rats" and I think the leaders was name Eric Von Stubin, a bumbling goofy leader who gave the beach kids a hard time but always managed to give himself "the finger"  paralyzing himself leaving his gang to pick him up and carry him out of trouble...the bikes were cool.

They can't make movies like that anymore, although the parody movies of today fill that void... mindless entertainment, my type of entertainment.

HW         

Actually the leader is Eric Von Zipper played by Harvey Lembeck
and then you had South Dakota Slim and one of the other beach movies his cousin or brother north dakota always called everyone "Bubie"

And he learned that finger trick from "Ol' Pig Bristles" in Beach Party

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/06 at 2:04 pm

They are all the same to me. You've seen one, you've seen them all.

Cat

Written By: hot_wax on 06/28/06 at 7:59 pm

Actually the leader is Eric Von Zipper played by Harvey Lembeck
and then you had South Dakota Slim and one of the other beach movies his cousin or brother north dakota always called everyone "Bubie"

And he learned that finger trick from "Ol' Pig Bristles" in Beach Party

Yes, it's all comimg back to me now. The Beatles influenced even those movies, Frankie Avalon played 2 parts in one of those movies, a Beatle type character who was his cousin of from England, do you remember his name?

Written By: hot_wax on 06/28/06 at 8:50 pm

They are all the same to me. You've seen one, you've seen them all.

Cat

Cat, there was never enough of those beach movies, we've seen them all and wanted more. When you're a horny teenage dude there was never enough beach movies featuring all those girls dancing around especially Annette in a two piece bathing suits!!

Written By: berger on 06/28/06 at 10:03 pm

Yes, it's all comimg back to me now. The Beatles influenced even those movies, Frankie Avalon played 2 parts in one of those movies, a Beatle type character who was his cousin of from England, do you remember his name?

He didn't play his cousin, he played a British race car diver
I'll get back to you on the name

Written By: berger on 06/28/06 at 10:07 pm

He didn't play his cousin, he played a British race car diver
I'll get back to you on the name

I mis-spoke He played millionaire "Potato Bug"

Written By: hot_wax on 06/30/06 at 10:02 pm

I mis-spoke He played millionaire "Potato Bug"

Yeah! it's all coming back to me now... a potato bug is a beatle. "Good Show Mum" any other tibits to share? 

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/12/06 at 1:25 pm

Beach Blanket Bingo

Check for new replies or respond here...