inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jethro Bodine always picks the right women.

Written By: zcrito on 06/28/06 at 5:47 pm

I caught the last 15 minutes of a Beverly Hillbillies episode Sunday and it was a good one.
It had all my favorite things about that show: Jethro Bodine and Jed Clampett.

Anyway it was the one where Jethro wants to become a member of Jane Hathaway's bird watching group because there's a young woman in the group he really likes.

Now the last time I checked out an attractive actress that had a small part on that show it turned out to be Sharon Tate playing Janet Trego (another Jethro love interest).

I couldn't resist and checked out this show's Jethro love interest that went by the name, "Athena".

Should have known she would be a *somebody*. Courtesy of the internet I found the part was played by a woman named Nancy Dow, who is...

Jennifer Aniston's mother!
;D

Subject: Re: Jethro Bodine always picks the right women.

Written By: hot_wax on 07/13/06 at 9:52 pm

I caught the last 15 minutes of a Beverly Hillbillies episode Sunday and it was a good one.
It had all my favorite things about that show: Jethro Bodine and Jed Clampett.

Anyway it was the one where Jethro wants to become a member of Jane Hathaway's bird watching group because there's a young woman in the group he really likes.

Now the last time I checked out an attractive actress that had a small part on that show it turned out to be Sharon Tate playing Janet Trego (another Jethro love interest).

I couldn't resist and checked out this show's Jethro love interest that went by the name, "Athena".

Should have known she would be a *somebody*. Courtesy of the internet I found the part was played by a woman named Nancy Dow, who is...

Jennifer Aniston's mother!
;D

Jettro Bodine played by Max Baer Jr. came from good stock, his father Max Baer was once the Boxing Heavyweight Champion of the World  and was a featured character in the movie "Cinderella Man". I think he could have had any women he wanted...on or off scene. 

Subject: Re: Jethro Bodine always picks the right women.

Written By: zcrito on 07/16/06 at 1:30 pm

Jettro Bodine played by Max Baer Jr. came from good stock, his father Max Baer was once the Boxing Heavyweight Champion of the World  and was a featured character in the movie "Cinderella Man". I think he could have had any women he wanted...on or off scene. 

In the television show the only women interested in Jethro were those who just found out his uncle had $60M in the bank.  ::)

And the best thing about television in those days is that no one had to spend endless hours hearing and seeing how "the stars" lived their private lives -- it was still 10-20 years before People magazine and Entertainment Tonight type garbage.

Check for new replies or respond here...