inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The late 60s seem more recent than the early 70s

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/02/06 at 11:44 pm

It may just be the fact late 60s music is still very popular (though some early 70s is still), but it seems the period was actually less dated than the 70s, and appeared more recent than the 70s in terms of pop culture (not in terms of technology.etc). Maybe it's because hippies.etc are still so well known by kids.etc, while the Mods/Rockers of the early to mid-60s are not as well known to under 35s. Anyone else get the same general feeling?

Subject: Re: The late 60s seem more recent than the early 70s

Written By: Nostalgic on 07/09/06 at 9:47 pm

lol ... I don't get this feeling for the late '60s, but for some strange reason, I get it for just one particular year - 1975. That year seems more recent to me than the years following it, mostly because of the music and the fashion. Clothes from '76-'78 look older to me.

Subject: Re: The late 60s seem more recent than the early 70s

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/10/06 at 9:56 pm

lol ... I don't get this feeling for the late '60s, but for some strange reason, I get it for just one particular year - 1975. That year seems more recent to me than the years following it, mostly because of the music and the fashion. Clothes from '76-'78 look older to me.

To me there seems to be a huge gap between the early and late 70s - punk seems relatively recent, whereas teen pop like the Partridge Family seems sort of old-fashioned and quaint now.

Check for new replies or respond here...