inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Laura Nyro

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/07/06 at 2:31 am

Laura Nyro (born Laura Nigro) (October 18, 1947

Subject: Re: Laura Nyro

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/07/06 at 11:58 am

I also believe Laura Nyro - along with Joni Mitchell - were billed at the first Woodstock Festival.

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/07/06 at 12:57 pm

I also believe Laura Nyro - along with Joni Mitchell - were billed at the first Woodstock Festival.

Joni Mitchell was never at Woodstock. She was planned to go but never made it...despite writing the song "Woodstock."

Written By: Ebontyne on 08/25/06 at 10:51 am

I think that New York Tendaberry is one of my favourite albums (although I honestly haven't listened to in a very long time). I particularly love the melancholy songs at the beginning ("You Don't Love Me When I Cry," "Captain for Dark Mornings," etc.)... though some of the more "feel good" songs, like "Save the Country" (another favourite of mine), are also amazing.

I think she's definitely underrated - all of her best-known songs are known only because they were covered by the likes of the Fifth Dimension and Barbra Streisand!

Written By: velvetoneo on 09/03/06 at 5:07 pm

I think that New York Tendaberry is one of my favourite albums (although I honestly haven't listened to in a very long time). I particularly love the melancholy songs at the beginning ("You Don't Love Me When I Cry," "Captain for Dark Mornings," etc.)... though some of the more "feel good" songs, like "Save the Country" (another favourite of mine), are also amazing.

I think she's definitely underrated - all of her best-known songs are known only because they were covered by the likes of the Fifth Dimension and Barbra Streisand!

My favorite songs by her are "Upstairs by a Chinese Lamp", "Emmie", "Timer", "Captain Saint Lucifer", "Smile", and  "Save the Country."

Check for new replies or respond here...