inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: This is true about the 60's!

Written By: dj454s on 07/20/06 at 8:36 pm

First off, all I see on this section of the board is music, music, music, and some movies! I want to share you my experience that I had with a history teacher that was in his 20s during 60's.

The 60's were far more than "The Beatles"

I will never forget him telling us in a lecture one day that people/guys in the 60's never washed their jean pants :o, it was a culture thing/fad then, I was born in 1978, but I can't imagine what that would have been like? This was through 1964-1969!!!

Subject: Re: This is true about the 60's!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/21/06 at 8:36 am

Well, maybe HE never washed his pants...but I suggest he is knowingly re-writing history...  ::)

For what evil purpose, we may never know  :-\\ :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/21/06 at 1:16 pm

Faded jeans have always been in vogue - the only difference is that back then people didn't pay $100 to buy a pair of 'fre-faded' jeans.

Written By: dj454s on 07/21/06 at 2:53 pm

I will never forget him telling us in a lecture one day that people/guys in the 60's never washed their jean pants :o, it was a culture thing/fad then

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the hippies!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/06 at 3:20 pm

If you wanted faded jeans, the best way was to wash them, wash them, and then wash them some more.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...