inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The WILD parties they had back then

Written By: Satish on 07/23/06 at 7:07 pm

Everyone knows the 60s and 70s were a time of wild sexual practices. Because of the invention of the birth-control pill, people didn't have to worry about the risk of pregnancy when they had sex. And people also didn't have to worry about contracting HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases since they hadn't spread widely yet.

I was born in 1979, so I'm too young to know what it was like back then. But I heard a story about things that went on during that time period that really raised my eyebrows.

(Warning: the following story contains adult situations)

This guy told me about a bachelor party he attended in the late 60s. Bachelor parties have always been notorious for being scenes of depraved debauchery, and considering the notions of "free sex" that existed in the 60s, you can probably imagine what one held back then would have been like. Apparently, they had hired a prostitute for the party, and each of the guys got a turn with her that night! This one prostitute stayed in a room with a double bed and the guys stood outside in a line that went down the hall. The guys would each go into the room one at a time, close the door behind him, and get a turn with the prostitute that lasted between five and ten minutes. There were over forty guys there that night!

The guy who told me the story said that he didn't try going into the room, himself. He stayed by the bar and got hammered on beer, instead. He said that after he saw the twenty-fifth guy go into the room, he didn't find it too enticing!

I couldn't picture anyone doing anything like that today. Just think of the diseases they'd risk catching!

I was just wondering, has anyone here ever been involved in anything similar to this event or heard about anything similar happening?

Subject: Re: The WILD parties they had back then

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/23/06 at 9:42 pm

You have the right to remain silent. If you give up that right, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.     

based on that Miranda warning,  no, I can't say I've been involved in anything like this  8)

Written By: CeeKay on 08/11/06 at 12:51 pm

I've never been involved in anything like that.  Seriously.  ANYWAY...that story does not characterize the 60s and 70s in my view.  That kind of story is not what "free love" was about. 

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/27/06 at 8:19 pm

Yeah I agree with CeeKay, 'Free Love' was not about wild, sordid de-bauchery...it was about far more than the sex (well, for the 'true' hippies  ;)). Sex was just seen as one of many personal freedoms which had been repressed for so long, a sort of repression of what was natural.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/31/06 at 3:04 am

Just one time in my life, I'd like to rent out about 3 or 4 hookers and get into a coke-fueled orgy. Just to see what it'd be like.

Written By: CeeKay on 08/31/06 at 4:02 pm

Just one time in my life, I'd like to rent out about 3 or 4 hookers and get into a coke-fueled orgy. Just to see what it'd be like.

I guess I can understand how a person might want to experience the whole orgy scene -- but the idea of "renting out" people for sex, in my mind, is so very wrong.

Written By: Satish on 09/18/06 at 8:45 pm

You have the right to remain silent. If you give up that right, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.       

based on that Miranda warning,  no, I can't say I've been involved in anything like this  8)

Oh come on, don't be shy! You sure you've got nothing to hide? You can open up to us. We won't tell!  ;)

Written By: hot_wax on 01/05/07 at 8:31 pm

Oh come on, don't be shy! You sure you've got nothing to hide? You can open up to us. We won't tell!  ;)

Gentlemen never tell, it's the oath...silence is golden.

Written By: tokjct on 01/17/07 at 10:37 pm

Quoted from Satish

(Warning: the following story contains adult situations)

This guy told me about a bachelor party he attended in the late 60s. Bachelor parties have always been notorious for being scenes of depraved debauchery, and considering the notions of "free sex" that existed in the 60s, you can probably imagine what one held back then would have been like. Apparently, they had hired a prostitute for the party, and each of the guys got a turn with her that night! This one prostitute stayed in a room with a double bed and the guys stood outside in a line that went down the hall. The guys would each go into the room one at a time, close the door behind him, and get a turn with the prostitute that lasted between five and ten minutes. There were over forty guys there that night!

The guy who told me the story said that he didn't try going into the room, himself. He stayed by the bar and got hammered on beer, instead. He said that after he saw the twenty-fifth guy go into the room, he didn't find it too enticing!

I couldn't picture anyone doing anything like that today. Just think of the diseases they'd risk catching!

I was just wondering, has anyone here ever been involved in anything similar to this event or heard about anything similar happening?

College...1960...Baltimore...in the fraternity house...two instances involving two particular girls, both named Bobbie, coming over to the Frat house and submitting to, what we used to call a "gang bang."  These girls would roam around the house, from room to room, and if they found a new guy...it was into the sack. I particpated once...(one of the Bobbie's was such a "scag"...I'd never screw her.)  We always used condoms...always!!! I remember these events happening at least two or three times every year.

Written By: Marian on 01/19/07 at 4:12 pm

i thought this was going to be about the 50s,during the Rock and ioll era!That was cool party music!

Written By: danootaandme on 01/21/07 at 7:52 am

I've never been involved in anything like that.  Seriously.  ANYWAY...that story does not characterize the 60s and 70s in my view.  That kind of story is not what "free love" was about.   

Yes, people have the wrong idea about the sexual revolution.  And the party described is like many that have been going on for centuries, ever hear of Rome?

Written By: Satish on 01/27/07 at 2:45 pm

College...1960...Baltimore...in the fraternity house...

We always used condoms...always!!!

You always made sure you used condoms, even though this happened in 1960? That was well before AIDS became a big problem. You mean that even back then, people were worried about catching sexually transmitted diseases?  ???

Written By: danootaandme on 01/27/07 at 2:55 pm

You always made sure you used condoms, even though this happened in 1960? That was well before AIDS became a big problem. You mean that even back then, people were worried about catching sexually transmitted diseases?  ???

Yes, just like orgies, there have been std's for quite a while.  Syphilis and gonorrhea being the most prevalent.  Then of course in the 60's it was illegal to distribute birth control to unmarried women, and even married women had to have permission from their husbands, so condoms were the only readily available form.

Written By: La Roche on 01/27/07 at 3:41 pm

Yes, just like orgies, there have been std's for quite a while.  Syphilis and gonorrhea being the most prevalent.  Then of course in the 60's it was illegal to distribute birth control to unmarried women, and even married women had to have permission from their husbands, so condoms were the only readily available form.

Hell, Monks in the 1200's had Syphilis.

Now, this dosen't compare to the previous storys, but back in High School there was a girl named Sinead who'd sometimes be at somebody's party. On a normal night she'd fuuck a half dozen guys and suck off at least twice that many.
Can't say I ever involved myself with that, simply because I was always either A) Too Wasted. B) Too High. or C) With a different.. nicer.. less disease ridden girl.

Written By: tokjct on 02/06/07 at 10:24 pm

Nah...we didn't worry about STD's.  We just didn't want anyone getting "knocked up." 

Yes...it was a simpler time!

peace

Check for new replies or respond here...