inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who is the oldest member of this site??

Written By: fishryc on 08/15/06 at 4:39 pm

There is a thread in the 80's section of this site inquiring about your year of conception. Lets give a recognition to the oldest member of "In The 00'S"!!

I will humbly start the "competition"- I was born on 6/24/61.  :) or  :\'( ??!!!

Subject: Re: Who is the oldest member of this site??

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/15/06 at 5:30 pm

There is a thread in the 80's section of this site inquiring about your year of conception. Lets give a recognition to the oldest member of "In The 00'S"!!

I will humbly start the "competition"- I was born on 6/24/61.  :) or  :\'( ??!!!

Nope, not even close. There is a thread in the PPP that gives most of the members ages. It seems that the honors go to Don Carlos. There was one member who is older than Carlos but he has since disappeared.

Cat

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 08/19/06 at 3:01 am

I am a 1968er and I think Cat is right - Carlos usually wins the honour of oldest contribute -legend that he is !!!! :)

Written By: Sunflower on 08/29/06 at 9:57 pm

I am a 1968er and I think Cat is right - Carlos usually wins the honour of oldest contribute -legend that he is !!!! :)

Curious if I got him beat. Just where is this thread that lists the peeps ages on this website?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/30/06 at 1:28 pm

Curious if I got him beat. Just where is this thread that lists the peeps ages on this website?

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,19828.120.html

Do you have Carlos beat? He did turn the bix SIX OH!!  :o :o this year and I'm sure he would like to know that he is not the oldest.

Cat

Written By: Sunflower on 09/01/06 at 6:03 am

NO...I don't have him beat but I am among the top 5 golden oldies here. I'll hit the big 50 in November.. :\'(

Written By: schmartypantz on 09/01/06 at 9:51 am

my dob 4-19-1950
just hittin my stride :)

Written By: CeeKay on 09/01/06 at 12:43 pm

NO...I don't have him beat but I am among the top 5 golden oldies here. I'll hit the big 50 in November.. :\'(

I just turned 47.  I'm just a kid!  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/06 at 12:45 pm

I am 1957, and I think I must be around the 4th oldest here.

Written By: schmartypantz on 09/01/06 at 9:10 pm

wow, if your the fourth oldest, wonder what that makes me.
I tried to enter my dob in my profile but it doesn;t seem to want to let me modify it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/06 at 3:10 am

wow, if your the fourth oldest, wonder what that makes me.
I tried to enter my dob in my profile but it doesn;t seem to want to let me modify it.
It does not work if you are over a certain age.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/02/06 at 3:28 am

I turned the big 50 last Feb.  Something happend to the DOB section in profile where it doesn't allow any changes. I had my DOB in there and was on the calendar, then changed my profile and it got deleted and can't be added.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/06 at 3:37 am

I turned the big 50 last Feb.  Something happend to the profile date of birth section where it doesn't allow any changes. I had my DOB in their and was on the calendar, then changed my profile and it got deleted and can't be added.
Exactly the same for me, anyway my age and year of birth is mentioned elsewhere.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/02/06 at 12:56 pm

There have many people who have complained that they couldn't put in their DOB on their profile. I don't have to worry about that because I never entered my DOB or age. But, I'm sure many know how old I am and when my birthday is.

Cat

Written By: Gaylon on 09/02/06 at 3:10 pm

I checked out the list above (and accidently posted over there).  Anyhow, I'm 53 and my profile shows it and I was wished happy birthday with my correct age.
So maybe the list isn't 100% accurate.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/02/06 at 3:38 pm

I checked out the list above (and accidently posted over there).  Anyhow, I'm 53 and my profile shows it and I was wished happy birthday with my correct age.
So maybe the list isn't 100% accurate.

That list in the other thread we created ourselves. If you want your name on it, copy & paste and add your name to it. The thing is, that list was made last year so everyone is basically a year older.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: hot_wax on 09/05/06 at 10:12 pm

I'm 18 trapped in this 59 year old body!

Hot Wax

Written By: hot_wax on 09/22/06 at 11:29 pm

I'm 18 trapped in this 59 year old body!

Hot Wax

take some advice from my reply, if i only remembered what i wrote 2 days after i wrote this maybe i wouldn't be sitting here after 2 surgerys to repair a broken shoulder i caused to myself trying to push a 100 lbs bumper pool table up a narrow staircase that had other ideas about not making all the way up. you see, when you think like an 18 year old and your in a 59 old body you still do stupid things without thinking of any consequences. hey, it's not like i never pushed any thing that heavy up a stairway before over the last 50 years, so why now should a 100 lbs table dis-locate my shoulder while trying to catch it from not falling back down the 12 steps i just pushed it up and then flip me over head over heels landing on my already dis-located shoulder..."ooouchh, you f**k'n stupid ass" is all that came out of my mouth between the tears of pain for rest of the day. well after 2 operations on my shoulder since last 9/7, i keep thanking god that i didn't break my neck or getting killed by that table crushing down my head.

i hope i learned a lessen from myself and act my age and think before i do something stupid again and i hope you remember this as you get older.

ps...i typed this left handed only. i'll be back to new in about 4 mouths or so. hw   

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/23/06 at 12:57 pm

take some advice from my reply, if i only remembered what i wrote 2 days after i wrote this maybe i wouldn't be sitting here after 2 surgerys to repair a broken shoulder i caused to myself trying to push a 100 lbs bumper pool table up a narrow staircase that had other ideas about not making all the way up. you see, when you think like an 18 year old and your in a 59 old body you still do stupid things without thinking of any consequences. hey, it's not like i never pushed any thing that heavy up a stairway before over the last 50 years, so why now should a 100 lbs table dis-locate my shoulder while trying to catch it from not falling back down the 12 steps i just pushed it up and then flip me over head over heels landing on my already dis-located shoulder..."ooouchh, you f**k'n stupid ass" is all that came out of my mouth between the tears of pain for rest of the day. well after 2 operations on my shoulder since last 9/7, i keep thanking god that i didn't break my neck or getting killed by that table crushing down my head.

i hope i learned a lessen from myself and act my age and think before i do something stupid again and i hope you remember this as you get older.

ps...i typed this left handed only. i'll be back to new in about 4 mouths or so. hw 

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are on the road to recovery. Carlos also recently had surgery on his back (in June). He is doing fine now but I have to stop him from lifting anything too heavy.

Cat

Written By: hot_wax on 09/24/06 at 12:27 am

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are on the road to recovery. Carlos also recently had surgery on his back (in June). He is doing fine now but I have to stop him from lifting anything too heavy.

thank you cat, give my reguards to carlos, back surgery is a major one, he'll think twice before he picks up anything heavy now, sometimes we need the crap kicked out of us to change our way of thinking, well at least i needed it. i'll be back. hw

Cat

Written By: Dee-Dee on 07/17/07 at 5:43 pm

I only just found this site.  But my birthdate is 09/20/29.    That makes me almost 78.

Written By: Henk on 07/18/07 at 12:35 am

I only just found this site.  But my birthdate is 09/20/29.    That makes me almost 78.

A warm welcome to you, Dee-Dee. :)

I think you qualify for being oldest. The only recent addition to the boards who is older than Don Carlos is tokjct (or Lee in real life), who is in his sixties.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/18/07 at 10:55 am

Welcome and let me be the first to give you karma. We hope that you will be an active member here.

Cat

Written By: Marian on 07/18/07 at 4:23 pm

You're older than the Everly brothers :) ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/05/07 at 5:24 pm

^She never came back    :-\\

Written By: Marian on 08/08/07 at 2:45 pm

^She never came back    :-\\
Dee Dee never came back???

Written By: badmitten on 08/15/07 at 1:33 am

I'll be 48 next month...

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/07 at 1:42 am

Dee Dee never came back???
I wonder why?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/07 at 1:44 am

I'll be 48 next month...
There several members older than 48 including myself on these boards, there is a table of members and their ages somewhere, I will try and find it and post it here.

Written By: Marian on 08/16/07 at 1:50 pm

I wonder why?
no really why?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/07 at 12:19 am

no really why?
Look closer at the name.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/17/07 at 12:39 am

Look closer at the name.
is Dee Dee Donnie?  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/07 at 12:41 am

That is my assumption.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/17/07 at 12:50 am

That is my assumption.
brilliant detective work Sherlock

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/07 at 12:56 am

brilliant detective work Sherlock
Elementary

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/17/07 at 12:59 am

Elementary
well done Holmes. by the way, what's in the pipe?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/07 at 1:12 am

well done Holmes. by the way, what's in the pipe?
There is nothing in the pipe until I get outside to smoke it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/17/07 at 1:21 am

There is nothing in the pipe until I get outside to smoke it.
I used to be able to blow smoke rings when I used to smoke many moons ago

Written By: tokjct on 08/17/07 at 4:07 pm

A warm welcome to you, Dee-Dee. :)

I think you qualify for being oldest. The only recent addition to the boards who is older than Don Carlos is tokjct (or Lee in real life), who is in his sixties.

Henk, u is correct. Ik ben zesesezestig jaar oud.
peace...Lee  ::)

Written By: Marian on 08/18/07 at 2:23 pm

Really?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/18/07 at 2:25 pm

Really?
Dee Dee = DD, need I say more?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/18/07 at 6:20 pm

Dee Dee = DD, need I say more?

There are other board members named DeeDee. One in particular who hasn't been here in a LONG, LONG time. This DeeDee (who's profile I give the link to) is a very dear friend of mine and I can vouch that she is NOT Donnie. 

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=profile;u=3524

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/18/07 at 6:35 pm

There are other board members named DeeDee. One in particular who hasn't been here in a LONG, LONG time. This DeeDee (who's profile I give the link to) is a very dear friend of mine and I can vouch that she is NOT Donnie. 

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=profile;u=3524

Cat
This Dee-Dee is the one I was thinking of.

Check for new replies or respond here...