inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Oldest Gen Xrs?

Written By: Echo Nomad on 10/09/06 at 5:27 pm

Post Removed

Subject: Re: The Oldest Gen Xrs?

Written By: PMS on 10/12/06 at 5:30 pm

I have long suspected that I am more of a Gen Xr than a baby boomer. I was born in 1959.

Written By: hot_wax on 10/16/06 at 2:29 pm

hey, all you guys who fall into these catagories, take a little of advice and put it on top of your priority list, START SAVING YOUR MONEY...NOW. old age creeps up on you quicker then you realize and retirement on social sercurity alone won't be an option for anyone born in the 80's on up. start a 401 now at work asap and if possible invest into other money saving vehicles...that's all.

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/16/06 at 8:02 pm

Beat and Boomer Gen Xrs?

To add further fuel to the debate on what is Gen X, Gen Y, etc, I'll share something I just found a few days ago. Turns out that the earliest (that I've found) usage of the term Gen X was applied to teenagers in 1952! Below is the article from Word origins.com with a second origins article from Wikipedia.

Interesting articles, I didn't know about that before.

If the present was 1952, I guess that would apply to people born about 1935-1940? I do think around 1937 is the beginning of the "rock"/'50s teen generation, since they'd be the first to be under 18 or in high school when rock and roll got popular around 1954/55.

Also, Elvis was born in 1935 so it sorta makes sense.

Although it only shares the same name as what we call Gen X (1964-1980 born or so), not the characteristics.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/16/06 at 9:36 pm

I wouldn't take anything in wikipedia too seriously.

Check for new replies or respond here...