inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did this make you gag too!!???

Written By: 1313mockingbirdlane on 11/04/06 at 9:03 pm

I recall in the late 60's in Southern California meeting in my Elementary school cafeteria for "Fluoride Treatments"
Now, this didn't sound too bad but when we tried it, it was like taking artificially flavored Lime rubbing compound and brushing our teeth with it.
No exaggeration here, about 1/3 of the kids brushing with it either gagged or puked on the spot!!!
Sure glad they perfected toothpaste over the years, who knows what we were exposed to on top of cyclamates, Mercury in our fish, inhaling Super Elastic and Model glue, what a childhood!!!

Subject: Re: Did this make you gag too!!???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/06 at 2:19 pm

I don't know if I remember that-but I do remember was those stupid red tablets that you chewed and it showed you where you missed when you brushed your teeth. I had red teeth, a red mouth, and red fingers (not to mention my red clothes and red toothbrush) for at least a week.  >:(

Cat

Written By: Abix on 11/05/06 at 2:28 pm

I don't know if I remember that-but I do remember was those stupid red tablets that you chewed and it showed you where you missed when you brushed your teeth. I had red teeth, a red mouth, and red fingers (not to mention my red clothes and red toothbrush) for at least a week.  >:(

Cat

Oh yes, I remember those things. I hated them. It' s like no matter how much you brushed, it always showed spots you missed. Sucked!

Written By: Abix on 11/05/06 at 2:31 pm

Cat

plus, who knows.. maybe they were made out of the banned red dye #2,3,4 or whatever one it was... back then.. :P

Written By: Marian on 11/05/06 at 3:58 pm

Cat
it didnt always taste good,but it was sure fun to thinkof some kids as wussies if it made them gag!

Written By: hot_wax on 11/05/06 at 6:51 pm

Only Lentil stew made me gag.

Written By: 1313mockingbirdlane on 11/05/06 at 11:09 pm

Cat
Yesssssss, I do remember these too,, Flashback big time!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/05/06 at 11:11 pm

Cat

I remember those things! They would line us up in school and give us those...everyone would be walking around with red mouths! ;D

Written By: karen on 11/06/06 at 9:15 am

Cat

I never had those but I remember when the school dentist was visiting one time.  He was in school for a couple of days and someone in our class brought some of these red tablets in because his younger sister had been given them.  At break time he and a couple of his friends ate loads of sweets and then chewed a couple of these tablets.  As we came into class the teacher told us to line up because it was time to see the dentist.  The boys faces were a picture.  They had bright red teeth and tongues and had to go and show the dentist!  Luckily the dentist had a sense of humour about it all.

Written By: KKay on 11/06/06 at 9:38 am

ugh! and they tasted soooo bad. it was a really dumb idea. our school gave them to the parents.  gross...

Written By: Trimac20 on 11/07/06 at 12:24 am

Cat

They still give out those tablets today - I remember having to use them only a few years back. The red stains should not have remained if you washed it out properly.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/07/06 at 12:32 pm

They still give out those tablets today - I remember having to use them only a few years back. The red stains should not have remained if you washed it out properly.

SHOULD not. But did or do you know any kid who washed it out properly?

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/07/06 at 12:56 pm

I recall in the late 60's in Southern California meeting in my Elementary school cafeteria for "Fluoride Treatments"
Now, this didn't sound too bad but when we tried it, it was like taking artificially flavored Lime rubbing compound and brushing our teeth with it.

I actually threw up all over the Dental Hygenist, but this was in the early 80's.  :-[  On the bright side, my dentist never made me get a flouride treatment again!

And I remember those tablets too.  I thought they were cool!

Written By: Abix on 11/10/06 at 7:46 pm

I actually threw up all over the Dental Hygenist, but this was in the early 80's.  :-[  On the bright side, my dentist never made me get a flouride treatment again!

And I remember those tablets too.  I thought they were cool!

Ugh I hate the flouride they give you now. It literally sets my teeth on edge. my tongue just feels raw after using it. I get nauseous from it and just want to puke right there. Maybe I should sometime! I can tell you.. Stay away from that fruit flavor.. it's NASTY!

Check for new replies or respond here...