inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: VD is for everybody--hilaurious PSA from the '60s!

Written By: star500 on 11/18/06 at 1:30 pm

I was surfing the internet one day and I happened to come across a video that got me wondering, does anyone remember that Public Service Announcement from the late '60s that was titled "VD is for everybody?" It was one of the most unintentionally funny things I have ever seen in my life. It shows young girls, old men, couples (of course!) and even babies going around and just acting normal and this incredibly sappy song is playing in the background. I think the point of the ad was, anyone can get a VD at anytime but it was just displayed in a very funny way.

By the way, for those of you who don't know what a VD is, it stands for Veneral Disease which also means the same thing as Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD).

Here is a clip of it for those who don't remember it or weren't able to catch it the first time it came on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK_jDA3qrUU

Subject: Re: VD is for everybody--hilaurious PSA from the '60s!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/18/06 at 1:33 pm

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Subject: Re: VD is for everybody--hilaurious PSA from the '60s!

Written By: PMS on 11/26/06 at 3:37 pm

I don't remember this PSA, but there was an hour long program on PBS in the 70s about VD. It had some skits and a song called "Don't Give a Dose to the One You Love Most". Anyone remember that?

Check for new replies or respond here...