inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 50's

Written By: Echo Nomad on 01/04/07 at 11:23 pm

50's

Subject: Re: 50's Rock and Roll programs

Written By: hot_wax on 01/06/07 at 11:47 pm

Since I've replied to 2 other topics about early Rock and Roll, I figure I'd might as well mention a syndicated radio program called Little Walter's Time machine. Unlike the more Boomer focused Oldies stations (which at least in my region has replaced the 50's with 80's A.C.), this program captures at least what I imagine the spirit of that era. For anyone interested in this music should heck out this program if it's in your area.   

http://www.littlewalter.com/

Hey Echo Nomad! I'm listening to the "Little Walter's Time Machine" show as I'm writing you and it's one of the best R&R oldie show I've heard, Little Walter is a blast from the past the disc jockey, he's terrific for this music.

Now I can finally go to RocknRollfan's post and reply to "What song before 1970 are you listening to right now?" and pick the one of the past 25 songs, It was good hear "Zoom" from the "Cadillacs".

Good post. Thanks for the heads up on the show, I hope others will check it out in their area and listen the roots of rock and roll from a disc jockey who's like the original's guys back in the 50's and 60's. It's a keeper. HW

Check for new replies or respond here...