inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gale Garnett - We'll Sing in the Sunshine

Written By: whistledog on 02/03/07 at 5:19 pm

Anyone else like this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0cg-IG9iRg

Gale Garnett was born in New Zealand in 1942, but moved to Canada at age 11 where she became a citizen.  Her only big hit was in 1964 with the Grammy winning We'll Sing in the Sunshine (though she did have a follow-up with the minor hit "Lovin' Place").  In the 80s, she retired from the music business, and took on acting in small roles in film and TV.  She is perhaps best seen as Aunt Lexy in the popular 2002 Canadian film "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"

Subject: Re: Gale Garnett - We'll Sing in the Sunshine

Written By: Paul on 02/03/07 at 5:31 pm

It's a nice little inoffensive piece of fluff which probably hit big because of its 'folky' overtones (in the wake of Peter, Paul & Mary)...

It never charted in Britain, but we did have a soft-Merseyish cover version by the Lancastrians which just scraped the lower reaches...

According to my blurb, Gale later recorded some whimsical psychedelic stuff with a group called the Gentle Reign...

Written By: malibumike65 on 02/04/07 at 10:03 pm

Yeah, I remember it. I liked it too. The one year guarantee song. (then I'll be on my way.) lol

Written By: Nostalgic on 02/10/07 at 7:55 am

I like that song.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/11/07 at 9:36 am

It's a nice little inoffensive piece of fluff which probably hit big because of its 'folky' overtones (in the wake of Peter, Paul & Mary)...

That's exactly how I view this song.  Nonetheless, I like it.  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/01/07 at 3:35 pm

I remember my father liking this song, but not liking me like it because it just wasn't what he wanted his teenage daughter to hear.  Times were much different then.

Check for new replies or respond here...