inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Crooner Frankie Laine dies at 93

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/07/07 at 1:13 am

The American singer Frankie Laine has died in a California hospital, aged 93, suffering a heart attack after undergoing hip replacement surgery.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6337375.stm

Subject: Re: Crooner Frankie Laine dies at 93

Written By: whistledog on 02/07/07 at 1:28 am

R.I.P. Mr. Laine.  You were a great singer

Written By: Paul on 02/07/07 at 5:53 am

Very sad, although at his age, any kind of surgery is going to be risky...

I think he was one of the first 'old-age' singers that I got into, courtesy of my Ma, who used to hold him in hero-worship (even though he was a good 20 years older than her in his heyday!)

RIP Frank...one of the last remaining links to the long-forgotten past...

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/07 at 1:36 am

I was reminded yesterday that Frankie Laine sang the title song for Blazing Saddles.

Written By: Paul on 02/08/07 at 5:26 am

I was reminded yesterday that Frankie Laine sang the title song for Blazing Saddles.

That he did...very funny film!

I mentioned on another thread that he was to have sung the theme to 'Champion The Wonder Horse', but was unavailable, so his producer did an incredible impersonation of him!

Written By: Marian on 02/08/07 at 11:58 am

Very sad, although at his age, any kind of surgery is going to be risky...

I think he was one of the first 'old-age' singers that I got into, courtesy of my Ma, who used to hold him in hero-worship (even though he was a good 20 years older than her in his heyday!)

RIP Frank...one of the last remaining links to the long-forgotten past...
Well,if he lived to be well over 100,he might have regretted NOT having it.or perhaps he should have had it decades ago and regretted not having it.having hips that work well is pretty inportant.

Written By: Nostalgic on 02/10/07 at 7:52 am

I liked a few of his songs. He kind of went quiet after the rock 'n' roll era started.

Check for new replies or respond here...