inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ant & The Aardvark

Written By: woops on 04/13/07 at 11:23 pm

Recently bought the DVD of  "Ant & The Aardvark", which was a series of theatrical cartoons from the same people behind Pink Panther, and it was actually funny.  8) :D

Similar to Slyvester & Tweety and Wile E. Coyote vs. Road Runner though many people from the WB animation department also worked on them like Friz Freleng.

I vaguely remember the cartoons, though I'm familiar with The Pink Panther.

Subject: Re: Ant & The Aardvark

Written By: wildcard on 04/19/07 at 12:43 am

Now that you mention it I remember seeing an ant & an Aardvark. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/19/07 at 3:20 am

I adored Ant and Aardvark!  Especially liked their voices.  I did know they had a DVD out.  Sometimes I'll watch Pink Panther on the Boomerang channel JUST to see A&A,  They cracked me up.

Here are a few links to them on youtube, for those that are trying to remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM_hkWlCS6Q The first eever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-Ygf0kODs From Bed To Worse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myEGa3AWj9sI've got ants in my plans

Written By: fishryc on 04/28/07 at 11:14 am

Especially liked their voices. 

John Byner. Histarical comic, impressionist, and TV personality. I love him as an entertainer.

John Byner
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Byner (born John Biener on June 28, 1938 in New York City) is an actor, comedian, and impressionist who has had a lengthy television and movie career.

His voice work includes the long-running cartoon series The Ant and the Aardvark, in which the title characters are voiced by Byner's dead-on impressions of Dean Martin, and Jackie Mason, respectively.

On The Ed Sullivan Show, where he made his first early TV appearances, he mimicked Ed Sullivan as well as anyone, including the "master" Sullivan impersonator, Will Jordan. His other impressions included John Wayne and sang as Dean Martin and Johnny Mathis. His ability to mimic "Toastmaster General" George Jessel came in handy during his appearances on panel programs such as celebrity "roasts" and other tributes.

On a 1967 episode of Get Smart, Byner played a KAOS agent who made a phone call to the Chief of CONTROL (played by Edward Platt), performed a perfect impression of President Lyndon B. Johnson, and told the Chief he was fired and replaced with agent Maxwell Smart (Don Adams). Smart, the Chief and Agent 99 (Barbara Feldon) foiled this plot to undermine CONTROL, and Byner's character was arrested.

In 1970, he hosted about 25 episodes of a syndicated half-hour musical variety series called Something Else.

In the late 1970s, he had a featured role as Detective Donahue on the tv series Soap.

In the 1980s he hosted the Canadian TV comedy series, Bizarre. That show introduced many people to hapless daredevil Super Dave Osborne, played by Bob Einstein.

Over the years he has done straight acting work and also light characters in otherwise serious dramas, such as the mostly-harmless con artist "Cotton Dunn" in the 1990s cop series Silk Stalkings.

One voice of his own invention is a high-pitched, raspy voice that defies easy description. It is vaguely similar to Donald Duck, only more intelligible. He has sometimes given that voice a character to go with it, "Felix Fossididdi". It was actually a voice that he and his brother came up with, which they would sometimes use when ordering in restaurants in order to try to spook the waitress.

Currently married to fourth wife, Anne Gaybis, he was previously divorced three times, and has at least 4 children from his first marriage

Written By: Marian on 05/01/07 at 4:08 pm

I remember that show.

Check for new replies or respond here...