inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ella Fitzgerald Redux

Written By: rythemgrl on 06/21/07 at 5:40 pm

I've got a huge passion for the classics when it comes to jazz. Espically when it somes to performances by Ella Fitzgerald. Ive got tons of bootlegs of her stuff, i serously cant get enough. Thats why I was plesently surpruised to find an Ella Firzgerald tribute album the other day in Boarders having all these different singers singing her old standards. I love it, have any of you here heard or know about it?

*link deleted by moderator*

_jen

umg

Subject: Re: Ella Fitzgerald Redux

Written By: hot_wax on 07/01/07 at 8:27 pm

I've got a huge passion for the classics when it comes to jazz. Espically when it somes to performances by Ella Fitzgerald. Ive got tons of bootlegs of her stuff, i serously cant get enough. Thats why I was plesently surpruised to find an Ella Firzgerald tribute album the other day in Boarders having all these different singers singing her old standards. I love it, have any of you here heard or know about it?

*link deleted by moderator*

_jen

umg

WBGO 880 FM out of Newark NJ plays nothng but true jazz. I listen to the station often and Ella Fitzgerald music is always being played, they might be playing cuts of that album you want, give WBGO a call and ask about it.

Written By: tokjct on 07/05/07 at 4:17 pm

I have...the "classic" Ella Fitzgerald recording, "A Tisket, A Taskit", on a 78 rpm vinyl record, for which I also still have a record player.
I think its on Columbia and was made in 1939.  Great song by a great singer.

peace...Lee http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/dance2.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/07 at 5:10 pm

My friend is an amateur jazz pianist.  He had a gig playing in this restaurant lounge and people would come up and request "some Ella Fitzgerald."

"Sorry, pal, I ain't got the pipes!"
:D

Written By: danootaandme on 07/23/07 at 6:16 pm

I love Ella, but am also a fan of Pearl Bailey who I consider to be underrated.

Check for new replies or respond here...