inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trek

Written By: Elizabeth.xox on 08/10/07 at 8:11 pm

For as long as I remember I have watched Star trek...and I have always had an extreme attraction to Mr Spock/captain kirk...(more so Mr.Spock).I was just wondering..does anyone else feel the same or am i a freak?

Subject: Re: Trek

Written By: Tia on 08/11/07 at 11:55 am

i like the one where mr. spock's hanging upside down from a tree because he found emotions.

i used to watch star trek reruns all the time as a kid but i remember thinking even then that only about every other one was actually good. they had some real classics and some real stinkers.

Written By: Elizabeth.xox on 08/12/07 at 9:30 am

i like the one where mr. spock's hanging upside down from a tree because he found emotions.

i used to watch star trek reruns all the time as a kid but i remember thinking even then that only about every other one was actually good. they had some real classics and some real stinkers.

haha yeah..but now to think about it the bad cheesey ones ended up being the best

Written By: Tia on 08/12/07 at 3:00 pm

in terms of digging on actors in trek in "that way" i was always into that yeoman, whoever she was, she was blonde and always had that little notebook. william shatner was definitely a looker back in the day, but i dont swing that way as much as i like to pretend to. ;D

Written By: Elizabeth.xox on 08/12/07 at 10:36 pm

in terms of digging on actors in trek in "that way" i was always into that yeoman, whoever she was, she was blonde and always had that little notebook. william shatner was definitely a looker back in the day, but i dont swing that way as much as i like to pretend to. ;D

Honestly I was thinking the same thing...Shatner used to be a Very attractive man.....very attractive indeed...and for Yeoman....when evil kirk was apparently "harassing" her...she should of went for it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/13/07 at 11:18 am

Not to be picky but Spock ALWAYS had emotions. It is just the Vulcan way to suppress them.

As for William Shatner, yeah, he was attractive but also very arrogant and so full of himself (just like Capt. Kirk). I have mentioned a few times that I met him when I was about 7 or 8 years old and at that age, I wasn't impressed.

The other night, I watched TNG with Spock (Unification: Part 2-Season 5). I loved the exchange between Spock & Data. 

Cat

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/14/07 at 7:59 am

You're thinking of Yeoman Janice Rand... I liked her too :)

Written By: Elizabeth.xox on 08/14/07 at 6:11 pm

so is the nic "Capt Quirk" a reference to capt. kirk?

Written By: gumbypiz on 08/15/07 at 6:40 pm

I too had a crush on the gauzed camera shots of Yeoman Rand...but hate to bust everyones bubble, but I had the (mis) fortune of meeting Grace Lee Whitney (Yeoman Rand) at a convention (don't ask why I was there) and it was less than you'd expect.

As she made it (repeatedly) clear that she had fallen on hard times after the 60's, went through what a lot of semi-star/showbiz people did, drink, drugs and whatnot. She was very opinionated and let everyone know her thoughts on politics of the day.

She was a sight, you can say, time had not been nice to her (Trek was 40 years ago), and she kinda smelled of whiskey.
Another boyhood fantasy crushed.
Sad really. :(

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/19/07 at 6:06 pm

so is the nic "Capt Quirk" a reference to capt. kirk?

You might ask my son, James Tiberius... ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/07 at 6:08 pm

You might ask my son, James Tiberius... ;)

Please tell me you are joking-you didn't name your son THAT??

Cat

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/19/07 at 6:10 pm

I too had a crush on the gauzed camera shots of Yeoman Rand...but hate to bust everyones bubble, but I had the (mis) fortune of meeting Grace Lee Whitney (Yeoman Rand) at a convention (don't ask why I was there) and it was less than you'd expect.

As she made it (repeatedly) clear that she had fallen on hard times after the 60's, went through what a lot of semi-star/showbiz people did, drink, drugs and whatnot. She was very opinionated and let everyone know her thoughts on politics of the day.
You doesn't have to be a star to do that.

She was a sight, you can say, time had not been nice to her (Trek was 40 years ago), and she kinda smelled of whiskey.
Another boyhood fantasy crushed.
Sad really. :(
Just think... A bottle of Beam, and you could have lived out some of those boyhood fantasies ;)

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/19/07 at 6:12 pm

Please tell me you are joking-you didn't name your son THAT??

Cat

Madame, there are some things even I won't joke about. Now you have to decide if this is one of them ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/07 at 6:13 pm

Madame, there are some things even I won't joke about. Now you have to decide if this is one of them ;)

The question is, are you THAT cruel to do that to your son?

Cat

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/19/07 at 6:16 pm

It's his little brother that got the short end of the stick. I was all for naming him M. Scott, but the wife is no fun at all. He ended up with Benjamin Sisko.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/26/07 at 3:38 am

Yeoman Rand was a babe.

http://allyourtrekarebelongto.us/jrand.jpg

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/26/07 at 8:42 am

Rand was ok... but the one that I like even more, was the Evil Kirk's girl from Mirror,Mirror. The evil one always has more fun ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...