inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Samantha Stevens--This is gonna sound weird

Written By: badmitten on 08/15/07 at 1:47 am

I am almost 48.  I am a huge fan of Bewitched.  I overheard my sons aged 20 and 24 arguing about who would win a fight between Superman and Goku (from Dragonball Z.)  So, just to be the devil's advocate I jumped in and said,  "Samantha Stevens could smoke Goku."  That set off a firestorm with my 24 year old.  He claims that magic doesn't affect Goku.  I claim that Samantha's power is not mere magic (ala David Copperfield,) but witchcraft, and that she could take him.  I said, "If she had any trouble, she could always call Maurice and Endora for help."  Now, I realize this is silly and they're all fictional characters, and it doesn't really matter anyway.  But I wondered if there was even anyone who knew about Bewitched who would also be familiar enough with Dragonball Z to make any kind of valid argument.  (Plus, the idea of posting this stupid argument on the internet really annoyed my son; that was a side benefit!)  I think I may make a similar post on the 1990's pages where there is more likely to be someone who knows all about Dragonball Z.  I'm guessing the people on "Before the '70s" will root for Samantha Stevens, and the people on "In the '90s" will root for Goku.  Any opinions??

Subject: Re: Samantha Stevens--This is gonna sound weird

Written By: hot_wax on 08/20/07 at 9:28 pm

I am almost 48.  I am a huge fan of Bewitched.  I overheard my sons aged 20 and 24 arguing about who would win a fight between Superman and Goku (from Dragonball Z.)  So, just to be the devil's advocate I jumped in and said,  "Samantha Stevens could smoke Goku."  That set off a firestorm with my 24 year old.  He claims that magic doesn't affect Goku.  I claim that Samantha's power is not mere magic (ala David Copperfield,) but witchcraft, and that she could take him.  I said, "If she had any trouble, she could always call Maurice and Endora for help."  Now, I realize this is silly and they're all fictional characters, and it doesn't really matter anyway.  But I wondered if there was even anyone who knew about Bewitched who would also be familiar enough with Dragonball Z to make any kind of valid argument.  (Plus, the idea of posting this stupid argument on the internet really annoyed my son; that was a side benefit!)  I think I may make a similar post on the 1990's pages where there is more likely to be someone who knows all about Dragonball Z.  I'm guessing the people on "Before the '70s" will root for Samantha Stevens, and the people on "In the '90s" will root for Goku.  Any opinions??

As long as we're talking silly, I dreamed that Jeanie did them both in!!

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/23/07 at 7:27 am

I'm for Jeannie too. Now, if I could only get her and Ginger together... ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/23/07 at 1:27 pm

As long as we're talking silly, I dreamed that Jeanie did them both in!!

No, no no. You got that so wrong. Jeannie's power was very limited. If she was trapped in a bottle, she couldn't do anything. Now Samantha could do just about anything. She had very few limits on her power. I don't know anything about Goku so I can't make a comment on that.

;)

Cat

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/23/07 at 2:21 pm

That may be, but how many times did we see Sam lose her powers over the stupidest things? Got a cold? No magic for you! A black cat walked in front of you? All your spells will backfire! Besides, Jeannie was smokin hot, and had that Master/slave thing going for her ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/23/07 at 2:33 pm

That may be, but how many times did we see Sam lose her powers over the stupidest things? Got a cold? No magic for you! A black cat walked in front of you? All your spells will backfire! Besides, Jeannie was smokin hot, and had that Master/slave thing going for her ;)

So that is what it boils down to: sex, huh? Well, Jeannie couldn't even show her bellybutton.  :D

Cat

Written By: Capt Quirk on 08/23/07 at 3:44 pm

Not at all... but it doesn't hurt either ;)

Written By: hot_wax on 08/23/07 at 9:21 pm

So that is what it boils down to: sex, huh? Well, Jeannie couldn't even show her bellybutton.  :D

Cat

Wondering if it was an "Innie or an Outie" was sexy and if she was an a real blond too!

Written By: Banks on 09/07/07 at 1:59 am

Ever since I was a little kid I had a little crush on Sam Stevens. She was just so damned...well...pretty. I know it sounds cheesey...But I was a kid, and she was beautiful. And the way she said, "Wayell." was the icing on the cake.

AN

Written By: KKay on 09/07/07 at 12:03 pm

People that know me from this site  saw last year as my year of Samantha Stevens as my alter ego.  She is the hottest.
http://usera.imagecave.com/kgilmartin/samdone.bmp.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...