inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gumby

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/30/07 at 10:20 pm

Who remembers Gumby?

I remember liking Gumby a lot, watching the show on TV and sometimes incorporating the characters in our play.  We (my brother is close to my age) had the rubbery poseable Gumby and Pokey figures that we played with (until they fell apart).  I have to admit, however, it's been a very long time since I've seen Gumby on TV.

The "Gumby" skit that Eddie Murphy did on SNL in the 80's cracked me up!  ;D

Subject: Re: Gumby

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/30/07 at 10:43 pm

I love Gumby...and so does my little boy. He has a few Gumby & Friends videos.

Written By: whistledog on 08/30/07 at 11:13 pm

I had a little Gumby figurine when I was a kid.  One day, I grabbed his legs and ripped him apart, and I was crying because I thought he was real and that I had hurt him bad :\'(

I only ever had the miniature sized ones.  I never had one of the larger sized ones, and I never had Pokey either :(

Written By: woops on 08/31/07 at 1:28 am

I used to watch "Gumby" in the 1980's  :D

Written By: gumbypiz on 08/31/07 at 2:50 pm

Um, do I remember Gumby?

I worked for the bugger for four years in college delivering pizza to drunken college students in the late hours of the night!

http://www.hsw.net/images/gumbys.jpg

Double Dammit pizza specials, Pokey Stix.
"Gumby's Pizza" We can give you 20 inches" bumper stickers (advertising for the 20' super size pizza).  ;)

So yeah, I have some recollection of Gumby  :D

Gumbypiz(zia) ::)

Written By: gemini on 08/31/07 at 6:40 pm

Yea, I had Gumby and Pokey figures back in the 60s and I remember, I think it was Gumby that got messed up somehow and the wire was poking out of his leg and my mom took him away from me.  :\'(

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/01/07 at 4:24 pm

i still can't believe that Gumby's from the 50's....it seems so ahead of its time.

I also had a bendy Gumby figure. I got it in the late 90's when people were getting nostalgic for him....I used to watch it at around midnight on Cartoon Network right after Space Ghost.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/03/07 at 12:29 pm

I'm Gumby, d@mnit.  :D ;D ;D

Yeah, I used to watch Gumby & Pokey. I think I had little Gumby & Pokey figurines-they were something like Flatsies.

Cat

Written By: Dukefan on 09/03/07 at 3:06 pm

I use to watch Gumby in the late 80s/early 90s when it was on Nickelodeon.  I had no idea it was actually from the 1950s. 

Classic kids show.

Check for new replies or respond here...