inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lyrics of a song -a melting pot turning out multi coloured people by the score.

Written By: Gypsycat on 09/11/07 at 3:48 am

Hi,  I'm at Uni doing culture and diaspora.

I remember there was a song in the 60's or early 70's (a time of peace and love and flowers in everyones hair) about "a great big American pot turning out multi coloured people by the score" and  I'd like to know who wrote/sang it and have a read of the lyrics again and maybe  do a "compare and contrast".  If anyone has any info, please let me know ta - Gypsy

Subject: Re: Lyrics of a song -a melting pot turning out multi coloured people by the score.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/11/07 at 4:44 am

Released in the UK in 1969, Blue Mink sang "Melting Pot".

If you Google Search the words "Melting Pot" and lyrics, the information will be there.

Subject: Re: Lyrics of a song -a melting pot turning out multi coloured people by the score.

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/07 at 8:47 pm

all I can think of is I'd like to teach the world to sing because it shares a similar sentiment

Written By: holicman on 09/29/07 at 12:15 am

Released in the UK in 1969, Blue Mink sang "Melting Pot".

If you Google Search the words "Melting Pot" and lyrics, the information will be there.

Yeah, Blue Mink did the original..... I know that it was also covered by a band In New Zealand. I think they were called "when the cats away".

The line up included Margaret Urlich and NZ pop singer at the time Annie Crumb.
Its a pretty good cover version.

Written By: Paul on 09/30/07 at 12:36 pm

Yeah, Blue Mink did the original..... I know that it was also covered by a band In New Zealand. I think they were called "when the cats away".

The line up included Margaret Urlich and NZ pop singer at the time Annie Crumb.
Its a pretty good cover version.

They couldn't have done a worse job than Culture Club, who would normally slip a rendition into their live shows around 1983... :o

Check for new replies or respond here...