inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sesame Street

Written By: rubix69 on 09/11/07 at 1:49 pm

Hard to believe this show is soon coming up on 40 years! I realize it's best days are far behind. I was fortunate to see the first episode from November of 1969 a few years back, and it was great!

Subject: Re: Sesame Street

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/11/07 at 3:32 pm

I watched it back them but I don't know if I saw the very first episode or not. I especially watched it when I was home from school. I remember this girl on the bus who used to always sing the theme song.

Cat

Written By: rubix69 on 09/12/07 at 7:33 am

Well, THAT may be a bit too much!  ;D

You can see the first episode and other old ones on 'Sesame Street: Old School' DVD Vol. 1.  Time will tell if they release other volumes.

Written By: star500 on 09/12/07 at 11:36 am

There are also lots of clips on YouTube, just type in Sesame Street and you'll come across all kinds of old clips. My favorite is the one with Ernie when he sings I Don't Want to Live on the Moon and also Ernie singing the Rubber Ducky song and The Pinball Song.

Written By: rubix69 on 09/12/07 at 11:40 am

Yep, I've seen them, I just wish they would post more from the first season, '69-'70, which I think are classic. I hope they do come out with another DVD volume.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/07 at 12:16 pm

There are also lots of clips on YouTube, just type in Sesame Street and you'll come across all kinds of old clips. My favorite is the one with Ernie when he sings I Don't Want to Live on the Moon and also Ernie singing the Rubber Ducky song and The Pinball Song.

Rubber Ducky is a classic.

Other songs I remember:

Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood
One of These Things is Not Like the Other
The Number Song (5, 5, 5 Let's sing a song about 5. How many is 5?-or whatever number)
Manumanum

I remember one time hearing them sing Octopus' Garden on there.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: rubix69 on 09/12/07 at 12:22 pm

I remember one time hearing them sing Octopus' Garden on there

It's still there. They even had the 'Yellow Submarine' skit, but it was in German!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/07 at 12:26 pm

It's still there. They even had the 'Yellow Submarine' skit, but it was in German!

I don't remember them doing Yellow Submarine-English or German. They must have done that one when I wasn't watching.  :D ;D ;D

So Octopus' Garden was on in the first year? Wow! I can't believe that I can remember that!

Cat

Written By: rubix69 on 09/12/07 at 1:01 pm

So Octopus' Garden was on in the first year? Wow! I can't believe that I can remember that!

I believe it was yes, 'Yellow Submarine' was an excellent one, that was the 1st season as well. They have to put these on DVD, would be a sin not to  :(

Written By: whistledog on 09/13/07 at 10:32 am

When I was a little kid, I used to like that one segment with the muppet baby in her highchair.  The lights would darken, a disco ball would drop, and she'd sing this disco song that went: "I'm a baby, ga-ga goo-goo bop-bop" ;D

Written By: Paul on 09/13/07 at 2:13 pm

Heh! I do remember 'The Pinball Song'...

Garish, sometimes surreal animation combined with a psych-funk workout that Sly Stone would have been proud of...

We in Britain had the more genteel charms of 'Play School' as an antidote...

Written By: wildcard on 09/13/07 at 8:45 pm

pinball song you mean with the pinball  1 2 3 4 5, 6 7 8 9 10, 11 12 ?  Put down the duckie if you wanna play the saxaphone.  There was a song called Birdland There was a somg with Bert and Ernie: well I don't like any of those things but I love you.  Count sang batty bat and Ernie sang I dance myself to sleep complete with tap dancing sheep. Guess I miss this stuff; I'm going youtube looking. 

Written By: Banks on 09/22/07 at 8:19 pm

My favourite segment was with Eernie watching the Doodle-Bugs in his small garden under his window.

AN

Written By: whistledog on 09/22/07 at 11:21 pm

I found a clip of that muppet baby that sang disco about being a baby.  Maria (ktelqueen) asked me once if it was actually real, cause she didn't remember it.  Come back Maria, I found it ...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eazMxg-DvBE

Written By: whistledog on 09/23/07 at 2:03 am

Here's another late 70s one I hadn't seen in years.  What a blast from the past 8)

Dancin' IN and OUT at the Monster Disco ...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-MWlCQvH8

Written By: Brigitte on 09/23/07 at 9:23 am

Grover was my favorite, he was so funny!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0GOGNE0nWHk

Written By: rubix69 on 09/25/07 at 7:31 am

Heck, I remember some skits from season 1 where Grover was green and had a much rougher voice, this before they made the monsters all cute and cuddily.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/03/07 at 3:40 pm

Does anyone have that skit where Cookie Monster has a nightmare about cookies?

Written By: hot_wax on 10/04/07 at 8:09 pm

I think the best ever was the skit with a character named "Fred". Back around 72/73 my son, then about 3 years old, watched it every morning and I remeber this Kyle Wagner type muppet would come on and try to sing ryming stories and would screw-up the punch lines and the kids would fill in the obvious words.

Fred would chant things like this; (This one sticks in my head)

"My name is Fred,
they call me Fred,
when I wake up,
I get out of my....DUHHH!" 

and my son would yell out a punch line...you know what this one is, don't you? 

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/07 at 9:59 am

Here's one I haven't seen in years.  Total blast from the past ...

Typewriter guy.  Noo-nee-noo-nee-noo ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3tgrEvpPck

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/07 at 10:05 am

Remember the Falling Baker?  He'd always hold something at the end and then drop it.  Jim Henson does not play the baker, but that is his voice dubbed in ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-_m2_wolek

Written By: Fairee07 on 10/26/07 at 9:48 pm

I think the best ever was the skit with a character named "Fred". Back around 72/73 my son, then about 3 years old, watched it every morning and I remeber this Kyle Wagner type muppet would come on and try to sing ryming stories and would screw-up the punch lines and the kids would fill in the obvious words.

Fred would chant things like this; (This one sticks in my head)

"My name is Fred,
they call me Fred,
when I wake up,
I get out of my....DUHHH!" 

and my son would yell out a punch line...you know what this one is, don't you? 

My Mom use to call me "Fred" when I was little and I think she named me after this skit. I don't really remember it except I think it was a red-black-white cartoon of this tallish clumsy-looking fellow who would chant, "My name is Fred. I go to bed in my head..." or something like that as he would shower and get ready to go out. Am I right?

Anyway, the old Sesame Street rocked. My favorite skit was the Roller Coaster where a red ball would roll down through all these traps and then turn into a cherries at the end.

Written By: hot_wax on 10/27/07 at 9:35 pm

My Mom use to call me "Fred" when I was little and I think she named me after this skit. I don't really remember it except I think it was a red-black-white cartoon of this tallish clumsy-looking fellow who would chant, "My name is Fred. I go to bed in my head..." or something like that as he would shower and get ready to go out. Am I right?

Anyway, the old Sesame Street rocked. My favorite skit was the Roller Coaster where a red ball would roll down through all these traps and then turn into a cherries at the end.

Yeah! that's Fred, you remember the skit too! It still can hear his deep melodic voice in my head chanting those rhymes and his ending...DUHHH! I liked it more than my son did! I don't remember that cherry skit.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/27/07 at 9:40 pm

I was never able to get into Sesame Street.

I always thought Cookie Monster was cute, though.

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/27/07 at 11:25 pm

I remember so many things from Sesame Street...
Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School
Kermit's News Flash
"A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter"
"Who is it?" "It's the plumber, I've come to fix the sink"

Bert and Ernie eating pizza and  drinking grape juice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to1QTsDMMxI

This is one of my all time favorite clips...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWrUykkc-bs

Heck, I remember some skits from season 1 where Grover was green and had a much rougher voice, this before they made the monsters all cute and cuddily.

Oscar used to be orange.

Subject: Sesame Street

Written By: Dude111 on 11/13/07 at 2:29 am

Sesame street went down the tubes big time!!!

ELMO has taken over the show and it is disgusting in many's opinion!

I loved the original series from 1969 to 1992..

Alot of youtube clips,etc can be found on the muppet site :)

http://forum.muppetcentral.com

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/26/07 at 3:15 am

Best thing about YouTube is that you can find old Sesame Street clips.

I always liked the short films of the "Mad Painter" guy, I'd seen a few clips on YouTube and was going to post one as an example, but I never could find this one until just now, it was my favorite one of all and I swear I haven't seen this since I was like 6 years old, and it made me laugh my ass off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi-ODZ3ING0

(I guess the Painter was the same guy who played Mr. Bentley on The Jeffersons.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/07 at 11:38 am

"Who is it?" "It's the plumber, I've come to fix the sink"

I always thought that one was from The Electric Company. I still go around saying that one.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/26/07 at 1:28 pm

I always thought that one was from The Electric Company. I still go around saying that one.

Cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLywD77KBT0

;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/26/07 at 11:12 pm

Sesame street went down the tubes big time!!!

ELMO has taken over the show and it is disgusting in many's opinion!

I loved the original series from 1969 to 1992..

ELMO is dreadful and so is Mr. Noodle!!!  My niece went through an ELMO phase, which my sister suffered for 18 months, then the kid grew out of it! 

General consensus is Sesame Street "jumped the shark" with Elmo.  They might as well just put Barney up there and get it over with. 

Perhaps Sesame Street is just at the end of its lifespan.  Nothing lasts forever. 

Sesame was controversial among educators right from the start.  Its critics accused the Children's Television Workshop of promoting limited fantasy and short attention span.  Some claimed the segments focusing on letters, numbers, and other elementary subjects lacked meaningful context.  My father was a school curriculum administrator in Boston at the time of Sesame's inception.  He was right up there with the nay-sayers.  The truth about education wonks such as my dad in the late '60s/early '70s is that they were anti-television from the start. They stuck to a dogmatic assertion that television was the "idiot box" and could serve no positive purpose in society. 

I'm more pragmatic. Television was here to stay by the '60s.  Every home was going to have one, and every kid was going to watch it.  Certainly, there were TV refuseniks who forbade sets in the home (again, my dad was one), but they were far too few in number to hinder the television revolution.  In fact, it was so rare for a home not to have a TV that the Boston Globe once interviewed my dad about it!  No, indeed, television would reign supreme.  Question:  Would you rather have your child watching Sesame Street or the Flintstones?  Sure, Sesame wasn't an ideal educational tool; it was never meant to be a child's sole source of learning in the first place.  However, it was staffed by creative programmers whose goal it was to provide some basic education in an entertaining fashion.  I say they succeeded.  They also promoted decent liberal ideals of tolerance, inclusiveness, compromise, and forgiveness.  The cast and guests were racially and culturally diverse, which was still quite novel in 1970. 

Oh, one thing I especially liked about Sesame Street is it wasn't all candyass like Romper Room or Barney.  They demonstrated to children that life could sometimes be hard and quite unfair, and there would not always be a happy ending.  For example, when Big Bird's house burned down or when Mr. Hooper died.  Will Lee (Mr. Hooper) died in 1982.  Rather than hiring a new Mr. Hooper and playing like nothing happened, the cast worked Mr. Hooper's death into the program and discussed how when a person dies he never comes back, and you have to cope with grief.  Sesame did have a magical make-believe world, but they kept gritty reality close by.  I liked that. 

Of course, Children's Television Workshop produced "The Electric Company," which was geared towards older children, and PBS also had "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood."  Mister Rogers, in contrast to Sesame Street, was paced more slowly and focused on a single topic for a longer period.  Not that anything would make the TV refuseniks happy!
8)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/28/07 at 1:32 pm

The Count is a real horndog.  :o :o :o

http://www.break.com/index/count-the-fcc-violations.html

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/28/07 at 7:18 pm

pinball song you mean with the pinball  1 2 3 4 5, 6 7 8 9 10, 11 12 ?   Put down the duckie if you wanna play the saxaphone.  There was a song called Birdland There was a somg with Bert and Ernie: well I don't like any of those things but I love you.  Count sang batty bat and Ernie sang I dance myself to sleep complete with tap dancing sheep. Guess I miss this stuff; I'm going youtube looking. 

The Pointer Sisters sang that song.

To think...the Sesame Street that we grew up with is now not for children under 6. Well, I'm having my kids (If I have any) the 1969-1992 Sesame Street.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/03/07 at 2:58 am

Yippie! It's Cowboy X!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChahP31qh9k

Subject: Classsic sesame street 'Not for kids'

Written By: Dude111 on 12/05/07 at 11:27 pm

I just found out that this CD of classic sesame street episodes has a disclaimer on it!!

"Welcome to Sesame Street Nostalgia. I am Bob, your host, and I want you to know that these early Sesame Street episodes are intended for grown-ups and may not meet the needs of today's pre-school child."

I think that is TOTALLY OBSURD!

This world is beyond help!

YA WANNA HELP KIDS?

TAKE AWAY THE GARBAGE VIDEO GAMES THEY PLAY DAY IN AND DAY OUT! http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6356/icon04gh0.gif

"Sesame street not for kids" YA OK,whats different about the kids of TODAY compared to when we watched it in the 80s?

Ill tell you what: THE TRASH THEY ARE SUBJECTED TO WHICH IS OVERLOOKED AND INSTEAD INNOCENT THINGS LIKE THIS ARE COMPROMISED! http://www.myfilestash.com/userfiles/thedude/xtreme%20anger.gif

Lots of classic sesame street clips here :)

And if you miss the original show (Some do really like it (OR DID (Pre 1992))) you can get the OLD SCHOOL VOL 2 SET!

1974 thru 1979 -- The BEST 5 yr period for sesame street!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UNYJTK

Sadly it is NOT 100% OF WHAT WAS SEEN DURING THIS TIME (Some edits,etc)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/07/07 at 10:25 am

I always loved the jazzy music in this bit, it still gives me goosebumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRizPAydpW8

Written By: BuddyBoy600alt on 03/23/12 at 11:25 pm

Does anyone have that skit where Cookie Monster has a nightmare about cookies?

You mean the one where he had a nightmare on the giant talking "Monster Cookie." I felt so sorry for Cookie Monster. Boy he sure pretty upset about this nightmare. You see, In the sketch, Cookie Monster had decorated a birthday party for who else, Cookie Monster and he ate all the cookies in the box (which was for the birthday party) and there was none left. He felt depressed and took a nap. And dreams about meeting The Monster Cookie. He tells Cookie Monster the sad tale on how he became that way. He used to be a blue monster too. But eating just the cookies and not going on a healthy diet caused him to become a cookie. And boy they both felt terrible in the nightmare. When Cookie Monster was woken from his nightmare, He cried "What a dream. Oh, Very sad!" And then looks at the last cookie, And says "Oh, NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Me never eat cookies ever again." And then eats healthier food. Such as carrots, fish, and whole wheat bread. And then he eats a cookie and remarks "Well, Maybe sometime a cookie." BTW, This was like an early "Healthy Habits for Life." I remember seeing this sketch in 1992.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/24/12 at 12:04 am

Sesame Street debuted in 1969 and my sister (b. 1963) was among the first generation of viewers.  My grandmother thought it would be great if my sister could be one of the guest kids on the show.  The story I heard was she inquired and the show told her you had to sign up your kid before she was born the waiting list was so long.  This might be hyperbole on Grandma's part.  Not sure.  I do know it was an immediate hit with families and helped PBS raise a ton of money from parents!
:)

I used to watch it too.  I was cranky kid, so I identified most with Oscar the Grouch!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EwrERFHdjaE/S-MMJjfhHII/AAAAAAAAA7Y/YsxZg5eqOvM/s1600/oscar-the-grouch.jpg

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/24/12 at 6:27 am

Sesame Street debuted in 1969 and my sister (b. 1963) was among the first generation of viewers.  My grandmother thought it would be great if my sister could be one of the guest kids on the show.  The story I heard was she inquired and the show told her you had to sign up your kid before she was born the waiting list was so long.  This might be hyperbole on Grandma's part.  Not sure.  I do know it was an immediate hit with families and helped PBS raise a ton of money from parents!
:)

I used to watch it too.  I was cranky kid, so I identified most with Oscar the Grouch!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EwrERFHdjaE/S-MMJjfhHII/AAAAAAAAA7Y/YsxZg5eqOvM/s1600/oscar-
the-grouch.jpg

Do you remember when Oscar was orange? 
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7e/AEOrangeOscar.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/28/12 at 5:44 pm

Do you remember when Oscar was orange? 
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7e/AEOrangeOscar.jpg

Oh, I thought it depended on the tint on your TV set!
:D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/28/12 at 8:46 pm

How have I never seen this thread?  I LOVE Sesame Street. 

Here's the classic pinball video - LOVED this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnBAMQhtjEk

I also love Ladybug's Picnic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8vUTm64h0

Written By: Dagwood on 03/28/12 at 9:05 pm

How have I never seen this thread?  I LOVE Sesame Street. 

Here's the classic pinball video - LOVED this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnBAMQhtjEk

I still catch myself singing this at work when I am organizing the work in order. ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/29/12 at 9:17 am

I grew up on Sesame Street and I could sit and watch YouTube all day long.  I tried to get my kids to watch it when they were little but they HATED it (and I didn't like it either).  They will watch (and love) the stuff from the 70's.  I know it's a kids show but it seems really dumbed down now.

Some of my favs are...
Two Little Dolls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEU8CjPIrpw

King of 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GOqM18Bhhg

Martian Beauty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ5Y3TizswY&feature=relmfu

Loaf of bread...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im4GwUD1UY8&feature=fvsr

These two  kinda freaked me out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG-0_p_yefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6NsCvCn2EY&feature=fvsr

I loved the old Ernie and Bert skits.
I really liked Grover, especially the waiter skits.
Kermit the Frog as the reporter.
Roosevelt Franklin
The baker

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/29/12 at 12:58 pm

My favorite Bert & Ernie sketch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pigcahytIH8

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/31/12 at 8:07 pm

Philip Glass music on Sesame Street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-R1aIM-C0

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 04/02/12 at 1:29 pm

I watched it the first half of the 1990's (German dubbing of the American clips with German produced background story). I think that must have been the last time it was great and somewhat 'classic'. I absolutely don't like the modern version since the 2000's.

Written By: wildcard on 04/02/12 at 1:59 pm

I still dance myself to sleep                  Earnie those sheep are tap dancing!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/13/12 at 10:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjvt6xqKwV8 

Teeny Little Super Guy

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/15/12 at 12:56 pm

Ah La Peanut Butter Sandwiches!

Written By: wildcard on 05/15/12 at 1:00 pm

1 2 3 4 5  6 7 8 9 10    11 12

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/15/12 at 5:27 pm

Big Bird used to always have trouble remembering Mr. Hooper's name, and he almost always called him "Mr. Looper," which used to irritated Mr. Hooper a little bit. But I remember there was at least one time where Big Bird called him "Mr. Pooper, " which is the funniest thing in the world when you're 6 years old.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/17/12 at 7:05 pm

Big Bird used to always have trouble remembering Mr. Hooper's name, and he almost always called him "Mr. Looper," which used to irritated Mr. Hooper a little bit. But I remember there was at least one time where Big Bird called him "Mr. Pooper, " which is the funniest thing in the world when you're 6 years old.  ;D

Thank you, Mrs. Loopner. 

Oops, wrong show.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: meesa on 05/22/12 at 12:15 pm

PHENOMENA!- loved that one

I also still say "It's the plumber. I've come to fix the sink"  ;D

And the opera lady who sang about front and back. "This is my front (her front, her front) and this is my back (her back, her back)." I still have to sing those words when I hear that waltz.

Written By: warped on 05/26/12 at 12:55 pm

I grew up on Sesame Street and I could sit and watch YouTube all day long.  I tried to get my kids to watch it when they were little but they HATED it (and I didn't like it either).  They will watch (and love) the stuff from the 70's.  I know it's a kids show but it seems really dumbed down now.

Some of my favs are...
Two Little Dolls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEU8CjPIrpw

King of 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GOqM18Bhhg

Martian Beauty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ5Y3TizswY&feature=relmfu

Loaf of bread...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im4GwUD1UY8&feature=fvsr

These two  kinda freaked me out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG-0_p_yefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6NsCvCn2EY&feature=fvsr

I loved the old Ernie and Bert skits.
I really liked Grover, especially the waiter skits.
Kermit the Frog as the reporter.
Roosevelt Franklin
The baker

Fantastic videos there. Super memories from my screwed up childhood. I undoubtedly missed the 1st episode since I was in school.  (My post graduate astrophysics teacher didn't let us leave class to watch it. We totally undid his car so that he could count up to 100 to locate the scattered car parts  8) ) 
Remember John John?

Grover was on some amazing illegal narcotics back then.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/30/12 at 11:28 am

PHENOMENA!- loved that one

I also still say "It's the plumber. I've come to fix the sink"  ;D

And the opera lady who sang about front and back. "This is my front (her front, her front) and this is my back (her back, her back)." I still have to sing those words when I hear that waltz.

Um...hate to tell you this but "It's the plumber" was from The Electric Company.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Can't tell you how many times I go around saying, "It's the plumber. I've come to fix the sink." Carlos looks at me as if I have two heads. He does have a clue about it.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: meesa on 05/30/12 at 11:30 am

Um...hate to tell you this but "It's the plumber" was from The Electric Company.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Can't tell you how many times I go around saying, "It's the plumber. I've come to fix the sink." Carlos looks at me as if I have two heads. He does have a clue about it.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I watched Electric Company too so that makes sense! :) I loved Easy Reader (Morgan Freeman).

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/31/12 at 5:37 pm

Another one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewalHF0T0GY&feature=related

;)

Written By: meesa on 06/01/12 at 7:56 am

;)

I tried to explain this one to some girls at work once, and none of them remembered it. They looked at me like I was smoking something!  :D

Written By: smittykins on 06/10/12 at 3:17 pm

Big Bird also appeared on "Hollywood Squares"(and I think Oscar did, too)and would always call Peter Marshall "Mr. Marshmallow."  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixgf5SlvOB4&list=FLwPdrnQj_T5MNr-B6lUoACw&index=47&feature=plpp_video

"If you see one egg or t'other, do you ever think about its mother?"  ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/03/13 at 7:22 pm

Who still keeps up with today's Sesame Street?  ???

Written By: warped on 07/20/13 at 3:52 pm

;)

This was a good one. There are so many different Sesame Street little 1 minutes pieces that are memorable.
This one has often been in my head for 40 years. Whenever I count to five, I think of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9vCaGNvgWo

Written By: Howard on 07/20/13 at 5:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

Written By: Howard on 08/15/14 at 6:41 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGmq_SfElA0

Written By: Howard on 11/10/16 at 2:43 pm

http://logodatabases.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sesame-street-logo.png
Happy Anniversary Sesame Street, today they celebrate 47 years on television. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/16 at 2:59 pm

Happy Anniversary Sesame Street, today they celebrate 47 years on television. :)
O0

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/10/16 at 3:48 pm

Yet, it's still airing. Even though it's airing mostly on HBO instead of PBS.

Written By: Howard on 11/10/16 at 4:09 pm

Yet, it's still airing. Even though it's airing mostly on HBO instead of PBS.

and they cut down from 1 hour to just a half hour.

Check for new replies or respond here...