inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Andy Griffith

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/11/07 at 9:27 am

When did Don Knotts leave The Andy Griffith Show?

Subject: Re: Andy Griffith

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/11/07 at 10:01 am

Don Knotts who played Deputy Barney Fife appeared in 136 episodes of The Andy Griffith Show, with his last appearance in 1968.

Written By: snozberries on 10/11/07 at 12:18 pm

When did Don Knotts leave The Andy Griffith Show?

He left in 1965 but came back for a few episodes

#176 Return of Barney Fife (Mayberry High School Reunion)
#177 Legend of Barney Fife (Warren and Barney meet)
#208 Barney Comes to Mayberry (Barney's high school girl grows up to be a star)

there are probably a couple more eps. I remember one where Andy went to Raliegh or was it Mount Pilot to the station where Barney was now a detective. Barney was trying to play the big shot even though he was a bumbling idiot.  I don't know what the title of this ep is but I remember it being in color.

Written By: schmartypantz on 10/13/07 at 1:57 am

It started sucking after Barney left..and ohhhh, when Ken Berry moved into town it went really bad.

Written By: snozberries on 10/14/07 at 10:33 am

It started sucking after Barney left..and ohhhh, when Ken Berry moved into town it went really bad.

It really sucked that Andy and Helen got married on RFD so now when we see Andy Griffith reruns we never get the payoff of a wedding even though there were many episodes about will they or won't they.

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/07 at 12:13 am

Either I'm reading the innuendo into the dialogue or the writers at the Andy Griffith show were wittier than I thought.

From Andy and the Woman Speeder-  (forgive me I saw this about two weeks ago so the quotes may not be exact)

Woman speeder staresat a comb in Floyd's pocket
Floyd gets nervous at the attention she pays him

Woman Speeder- You could comb me out
Floyd- Oh I've never done a woman before
Woman Speeder- It's easy if you've got the touch and you look like you have the touch  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/04/07 at 5:24 pm

Mayberry gone bad.  No more whiskey stills, only meth labs!
:o

Back then Andy Griffith featured characters who were supposed to represent simple country folk.  Times change.  If Andy Griffith returned today would Gomer and Goober wear mullet hairstyles?
;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/07 at 5:25 pm

Mayberry gone bad.  No more whiskey stills, only meth labs!
:o

Back then Andy Griffith featured characters who were supposed to represent simple country folk.  Times change.  If Andy Griffith returned today would Gomer and Goober wear mullet hairstyles?
;D

I have got to get photoshop cuz I would love to see that!

Check for new replies or respond here...