inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with song please

Written By: Steven on 12/15/07 at 9:26 pm

In the late 50's or early 60's there was a song by a solo female singer with lyrics close to these (best as I remember):

Oh, Dr. Kildare; Oh, Dr. Casey
I've got a pain in my heart.
Oh, Dr. Kildare; Oh, Dr. Casey
What treatment should I start?

If anyone can tell me the song title and the singer I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Subject: Re: Help with song please

Written By: snozberries on 12/16/07 at 12:18 am

I found this: 
The shows and their heartthrob stars inspired a pop song: "Dr. Kildare! Dr. Casey! You Are Wanted for Consultation."
  here->  http://www.vinceedwards.tv/casey1.html

No mention of the artist but perhaps you can located the webmaster and see if they know more about it.....

I also stumbled across a Candaian Song from 1962 by John Loudermilk called Callin' Dr Casey

Written By: Steven on 12/16/07 at 12:41 am

Thanks, I'll look for the one from 1962, however the one I "remember" (almost) had a female singing, not a man.
Thanks again.

Written By: saver on 12/16/07 at 4:02 am

Must've been from the early 60's as Ben Casey and Dr. Kildare both began airing in 1961..in the fall..figuring they had to catch on and be worth writing a song about....around the early 60's.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/16/07 at 5:49 am

And here I am, probably one of the few who remember hearing that song on a transistor radio.  Sorry, I don't remember who did it.  I will ask my older sister, she may have a clue.

Also, Richard Chamberlain also recorded the theme song to Dr. Kildare "Three Stars Will Shine Tonight".  We were so in love with him, little did we know he would rather hang out with our brothers.  ;D

Written By: Nozmo on 12/17/07 at 11:22 pm

I believe Dr Kildare originally was a movie in the late 30s, around 1938 or 39. It was redone a few times and was a TV series in in the late 50s early 60s.

Nozmo

Written By: Dave on 10/23/10 at 2:07 pm

I know the song. 

Years ago I bought an album at a thrift store by some obscure Polynesian bandleader named Py (I think) and the song is on it.  He had a female vocalist named Connie sing it.  I believe my parents got rid of the album but I had the song on a cassette for many years and have since burned it on CD.

I believe the song is officially called "The Cure (Calling Dr. Kildare and Dr. Casey)".

Check for new replies or respond here...