inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Dream of Jeannie (Two opening themes?)

Written By: Moon444 on 02/13/08 at 1:24 pm

Does anybody remember there being two opening sequences for I Dream of Jeannie?

I vaguely remember seeing another opening, which unfortunately, was not televised frequently and I don't know why because I thought it was a great opening.

If my memory serves me right, this opening sequence was shot in black and white on a beach and I think it showed Major Nelson as washing ashore or Jeannie's bottle washing ashore. I think Jeannie comes out of the bottle and just walks right up to major Nelson and gives him a loving kiss. I think the music was also different.

Does anybody remember this?

Subject: Re: I Dream of Jeannie (Two opening themes?)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/13/08 at 1:27 pm

Does anybody remember there being two opening sequences for I Dream of Jeannie?

I vaguely remember seeing another opening, which unfortunately, was not televised frequently and I don't know why because I thought it was a great opening.

If my memory serves me right, this opening sequence was shot in black and white on a beach and I think it showed Major Nelson as washing ashore or Jeannie's bottle washing ashore. I think Jeannie comes out of the bottle and just walks right up to major Nelson and gives him a loving kiss. I think the music was also different.

Does anybody remember this?

yes...I definitely remember seeing this version.

Written By: Moon444 on 02/13/08 at 1:39 pm

yes...I definitely remember seeing this version.

Thanks for the fast response.  :) 

Can somebody award Quirk a Karma point for me?

Written By: gibbo on 02/13/08 at 3:27 pm

I also remember Him walking along the beach and finding the bottle (in black and white). I don't recall another beginning though??

Do you recall there were two musical themes used for Lost In Space (over the years)?

Written By: 66drivein on 02/13/08 at 6:06 pm

I remember the color animated opening to Jeannie. But I vaguely recall there were two openings.

As for Lost in Space. If the second opening score, was the one with trumpets it was better.

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/17/08 at 7:41 pm

I remember seeing the B&W opening a few times when this show was on TV Land. (Not sure if this show is still on TVL).

Check for new replies or respond here...